MacGyver of Underwear

Re: Getting into shape

Post by JCShutout »

Nice work Geddy!

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

GeddyWrox wrote:I hit a new low this morning. 258. I haven't weighed in the 250s since late college. 250 was my main goal when I started keto in Dec 2017 (stretch goal is 225). The loss rate has slowed way down as I've gotten closer and closer to my goal. I'm also nearing the 100 lb loss mark for this diet. If I count my heaviest weight ever, I'm almost 130 down (not all of that was keto diet).
Dude great job, keep at it!

I'm on Day Five of Whole30 to try to figure out if a small skin thing is a food sensitivity. I assume at some point in the next week someone will find me confused, lost, scared, disoriented and/or out of sorts staring through the window of a pizza-and-beer place, and will have to call my wife to bring me safely home.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Breakfast the most important meal of the day? not necessarily. I don't even miss it when I skip.
this is part of fasting thing, maybe 1-2 times a week, I go like 12 -14 hrs without calories, it is what works for me. The austerity is feasible since I am busy this time of yr. danger is coming home from work and going on mindless binge, which has happened a few times.
also, trying to build strength and move towards some fitness goals can be a little handicapped, in short term by weight loss efforts. Less energy to nail that workout at first. not getting positive reinforcement for a while, just had to power thru it. Adjusting to being more of a fat burner takes time.

Mary1966
Perennial All-Star

Post by Mary1966 »

I’ve been overweight all my adult life. I’ve tried diet and exercise but never had much luck. The last diet I tried was the Mediterranean Diet, I decided to try again in January. I’ve gone down from 260 to 221, but since I’m 5’ 1” normal weight for me is 130. I have a weight loss app that says if I continue to lose weight at the pace I have been, I will need 223 days to reach 130.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Keep it up, Mary.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

yeah, that's tremendous progress mary, congrats to you.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

Mary1966 wrote:I’ve been overweight all my adult life. I’ve tried diet and exercise but never had much luck. The last diet I tried was the Mediterranean Diet, I decided to try again in January. I’ve gone down from 260 to 221, but since I’m 5’ 1” normal weight for me is 130. I have a weight loss app that says if I continue to lose weight at the pace I have been, I will need 223 days to reach 130.
That's awesome!

A word of advice/caution though... that app's calculation isn't reasonable. It's essential to set realistic goals to avoid frustration and the urge to quit. With all diets, you see the fastest results in the beginning. As you continue, the losses will slow. You can't give up. If you stall for more than a few weeks, try a tweak to your routine -- get more water, add in some new exercise, or do some intermittent fasting. But don't stop. It has to be a lifestyle change as opposed to a "diet". Diet (to me, anyway) implies an impermanent change. Once you find what works for you, make it permanent!

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

good advice geddy and i agree. i say just keep doing what you are doing mary and if you feel like you stalled/plateaued, adjust your routine even just slightly and try to get back where you are making progress, etc but try not to give up.

my "healthier lifestyle change" officially happened in sept of '17 and i've gone thru several iterations of my workout.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

It wasn't part of a plan to start exercising more or anything like that but over the past few weeks I have walked to work a time or two when the weather has been nice. It is about three miles each way. Then yesterday I walked to work... and then walked home too.

It has been a long time since I walked six miles in a day. I figured I would wake up with sore legs or at least be tired this morning but I didn't. I was up early and ready to start the day feeling great. I am now wondering how much of that is because it's Friday, the weather is nice and I'm excited about the Blues game tonight and how much is because of the extra activity yesterday.

About an hour ago I was talking to a friend while taking a quick break from the desk and started wonder, did I always feel this good in the morning back when I was playing softball, kickball and soccer a combined five nights a week? It has been so long that I honestly can't even remember! I guess I'll have to keep walking to work a time or two and see how that combines with all of my softball leagues starting in the next week or two and see if I continue to feel this good. That might actually get me to start being more active again!