First world problems.

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Re: First world problems.

Post by IMADreamer »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
July 25 21, 9:42 pm
I'm being promoted for a job I completely know I'm qualified for, a title that I've had before but the other company didn't pay as generously, will pay me 2x-3x more than I make and budget for now (fairly guaranteed as I get a total sales override where I'm now 100% commission,) and yet I'm a bit terrified. I don't know if it's imposter syndrome or old fashioned self doubt, and I'm already worrying myself about what to do with the extra money.

I was talking to a friend about it today and had to stop and laugh mid conversation about how stupid of a "problem" it is.
Two chicks at the same time man.....

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

CardsofSTL wrote:
July 26 21, 9:42 am
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
July 25 21, 9:42 pm
I'm being promoted for a job I completely know I'm qualified for, a title that I've had before but the other company didn't pay as generously, will pay me 2x-3x more than I make and budget for now (fairly guaranteed as I get a total sales override where I'm now 100% commission,) and yet I'm a bit terrified. I don't know if it's imposter syndrome or old fashioned self doubt, and I'm already worrying myself about what to do with the extra money.

I was talking to a friend about it today and had to stop and laugh mid conversation about how stupid of a "problem" it is.
Congrats on the promotion...if you have trouble figuring out what to do with the extra money @TheoSqua has a patreon page he'd like to suggest.
That's a no-brainer.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

The idea of wireless ear buds sounds great in theory but I was right to try and hang on to my wired ones as long as I could. While I was traveling to Dallas last weekend I had a pair of earbuds in and fell asleep. Of course one of those things is nowhere to be found after waking up and I now just have half a freaking pair which isn't worth much. I do have another pair that I can use but I liked the one pair better. As soon as I can, I'm going to buy another pair of wireless ear buds... that have something connecting them. Whatever connects the doesn't have to actually do anything other than connect the tiny freaking ear buds. I don't care if they are connected with a useless wire, spaghetti or hair from a rainbow farting unicorn's tail as long as they are connected together.