First world problems.

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Re: First world problems.

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Radbird wrote:Speaking of twitter, I don't know what @ means either.
If your name on twitter was Radbird, and someone sent a tweet saying, "@Radbird, what's up buddy?" you would be notified that you got a tweet. Like an email. It's a way of addressing someone directly. If that same person sent a tweet saying, "What's up buddy?" It would be like asking everyone in the entire world whats up?

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

It seems that our IT department decided to end support for the Bring Your Own Device program sometime earlier this year so now I'm going to have to carry two phones most of the time and keep track of another charging cable because I'll end up with an iPhone and everything else I own uses either micro-USB to charge (tablet, watch, Bluetooth headphones, portable backup battery pack and probably more I'm not even thinking of) and the rest (phone, backup phone, Switch) use USB Type C.

The camera on my Nokia 6.1 decided a couple of months ago that it didn't want to work reliably (discovered it the morning I went to Fenway in August which is why I wasn't able to post any pictures) but otherwise works fine. It didn't really bother me until last Friday while I was at a bar to watch the Cards game. I was running out of cancer sticks and there was nowhere nearby to walk to and pick some up so I decided to use the 7-11 app to have some delivered to me. Everything was cool until I went to check out and it wanted me to take a photo of the front of my ID and my phone wouldn't connect to the camera. So yeah, that was the final straw. If I can't get booze and/or smokes delivered to me when I am not in a position to drive (I won't drink and drive at all) because the camera won't work then it is time to replace the phone. I should be embarrassed to admit that but I'm not. It's the truth.

I picked up a Pixel 3a on my way home from work last night and everything was great until I got to work this morning and went to set up my Outlook and Skype and it won't let me in. That's when I found out about the policy change. So I just put in a request for a company phone and should most likely get it either tomorrow or Monday depending on when my boss approves the request. Since he's been in France all week and will be travelling most of tomorrow, I'm thinking I'll get it early next week. He told me to put in the ticket for one months ago and I fought it but I finally gave in. Ugh.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
If your name on twitter was Radbird, and someone sent a tweet saying, "@Radbird, what's up buddy?" you would be notified that you got a tweet. Like an email. It's a way of addressing someone directly. If that same person sent a tweet saying, "What's up buddy?" It would be like asking everyone in the entire world whats up?

What's up buddy?

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

CardsofSTL wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:

What's up buddy?
Finally, someone answers...

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Well, I got the custom case for my new personal phone this morning and it is kind of glorious... however I'm an idiot and accidentally ordered it for the Pixel 3a XL when I don't have the XL. Does anybody on here have an XL and want a new case?

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

It's 60 today, and ran some errands this morning. I thought what the heck I'll run the car through the car wash. 15 bucks for the undercarriage whatever wash. There was a 20 dollar level. Ok no big deal. I get home and wifey saw I washed the car and was like "hey could you run mine through." She was making lunch so seemed like a fair trade. 15 dollars. Then it's 60 so we are like let's go for a drive, and I'm like, well hey it's 60 let's take the Viper. So we go for a drive and an ice cream, then I'm like, you know in case there is any road salt I should wash this car. 15 bucks.

I spent 45 bucks washing cars today.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

IMADreamer wrote:
March 1 20, 4:35 pm
It's 60 today, and ran some errands this morning. I thought what the heck I'll run the car through the car wash. 15 bucks for the undercarriage whatever wash. There was a 20 dollar level. Ok no big deal. I get home and wifey saw I washed the car and was like "hey could you run mine through." She was making lunch so seemed like a fair trade. 15 dollars. Then it's 60 so we are like let's go for a drive, and I'm like, well hey it's 60 let's take the Viper. So we go for a drive and an ice cream, then I'm like, you know in case there is any road salt I should wash this car. 15 bucks.

I pay 32 bucks a month for unlimited washes <3

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

CardsofSTL wrote:
March 1 20, 8:03 pm
IMADreamer wrote:

That sounds like a good deal. Don't think we have that here.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

IMADreamer wrote:
March 1 20, 8:27 pm
CardsofSTL wrote:
March 1 20, 8:03 pm
IMADreamer wrote:

That sounds like a good deal. Don't think we have that here.
It's pretty sweet if you want to wash your car regularly. Twice a month and it's paid for itself. The place I go is called Moo Moo Car Wash which I think is regional; but there are probably other washes without similar operations.

Smith Corks One
All-Star

Post by Smith Corks One »

I wash my car MAYBE once a year.

I don't think that deal's for me.