First world problems.

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Smith Corks One
All-Star

Re: First world problems.

Post by Smith Corks One »

Jocephus wrote:
February 6 21, 12:51 pm
cleaning wet spots off my bathroom mirror. hate it.
I never clean anything, ever. I have a wife.

She never cleans anything either.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

My wife is a neat freak. It's both annoying and a blessing. lol

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

The mirror is not where I'm usually cleaning wet spots from.

Richie Allen
Perennial All-Star

Post by Richie Allen »

My mailman never puts the flag all the way back down.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

My coworkers are "reducing their environmental footprint by 96% by turning [their] cameras off" during Zoom calls. A banner screams this from their avatar. I start every meeting with a standing ovation for them. "I just want to pick my nose" mine will say.

Ooh. Maybe 'I am reducing your disgust by 96% by turning my camera off to pick my nose'.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Next week, my immediate boss goes from Rick/he/him to Helen/she/her. I'm not sure how much of a problem that will be, but it certainly surprised the hell out of everybody.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
July 21 21, 3:42 pm
Next week, my immediate boss goes from Rick/he/him to Helen/she/her. I'm not sure how much of a problem that will be, but it certainly surprised the hell out of everybody.
I've been in two of these situations now, and it wasn't a surprise at all. Interesting.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
July 22 21, 11:03 am
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
July 21 21, 3:42 pm
I've been in two of these situations now, and it wasn't a surprise at all. Interesting.
No I mean people who have known her more than a decade were taken by surprised. They had no idea. On a personal and professional level I've been very pleased with the acceptance of everyone and the company itself.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

I'm being promoted for a job I completely know I'm qualified for, a title that I've had before but the other company didn't pay as generously, will pay me 2x-3x more than I make and budget for now (fairly guaranteed as I get a total sales override where I'm now 100% commission,) and yet I'm a bit terrified. I don't know if it's imposter syndrome or old fashioned self doubt, and I'm already worrying myself about what to do with the extra money.

I was talking to a friend about it today and had to stop and laugh mid conversation about how stupid of a "problem" it is.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
July 25 21, 9:42 pm
I'm being promoted for a job I completely know I'm qualified for, a title that I've had before but the other company didn't pay as generously, will pay me 2x-3x more than I make and budget for now (fairly guaranteed as I get a total sales override where I'm now 100% commission,) and yet I'm a bit terrified. I don't know if it's imposter syndrome or old fashioned self doubt, and I'm already worrying myself about what to do with the extra money.

I was talking to a friend about it today and had to stop and laugh mid conversation about how stupid of a "problem" it is.
Congrats on the promotion...if you have trouble figuring out what to do with the extra money @TheoSqua has a patreon page he'd like to suggest.