First world problems.

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: First world problems.

Post by CardsofSTL »

JCShutout wrote:
April 7 20, 11:42 am
Yeah, except then where do I access the link? I then went and just uploaded them to imgur and the link didn't work.

So that's more effort that I originally planned.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

CardsofSTL wrote:
April 7 20, 8:20 pm
How strange. I did the first two steps but this last bit in the picture was the bit that didn't populate. (or whatever the term is) It didn't show the "text", "url", "image" and "thumbnail" options.

I'll try again.

Nope. Same thing. I click on the green, "upload to imgur" icon. I select my photos. A progress bar appears at the bottom of the screen, and when its finished, nothing happens, and no amount of click around gets the options to populate.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

JCShutout wrote:
April 8 20, 9:50 am
CardsofSTL wrote:
April 7 20, 8:20 pm
How strange. I did the first two steps but this last bit in the picture was the bit that didn't populate. (or whatever the term is) It didn't show the "text", "url", "image" and "thumbnail" options.

I'll try again.

Nope. Same thing. I click on the green, "upload to imgur" icon. I select my photos. A progress bar appears at the bottom of the screen, and when its finished, nothing happens, and no amount of click around gets the options to populate.
If your images are too large they won't upload.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Well there we are then.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

imgur is the worst, it's also what I use.

But, you'd think such a huge platform would be able to recognize phone photos and know that phone photos are....[expletive] huge.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

It's now official. I'm not allowed to have nice things.

My dad did replaced the brakes on my GF's car Saturday and she only had to pay for parts so I decided to thank him by dropping off a case of beer at his house afterwards (he drove into the shop to do the work). After getting there I decided to have one with him and the neighbor who were building a stone mailbox. That one turned into quite a few so I did the smart thing and crashed on the couch in their basement so that I didn't get a DUI or wreck my car on the way home. I think I was OK but it wasn't worth the risk.

So of course at 8am I wake up because I hear the doorbell and I immediately knew something was wrong. The girl who lives across the street backed right into my flippin' car so now I have the damage from the deer on the front passenger side and a huge dent and crack in the plastic bumper on the driver's side. At least she tracked me down and has insurance.

I actually feel kind of bad for filing the claim because I already have to have other damage fixed and adding this new damage wouldn't really cost me more than another two or three hundred on top of already about $1500 in parts and the claim will cause her insurance to go up (teenager) but I started the process yesterday anyway. The friend of the family that owns a body shop and is hooking me up on the other damage called and had a great point. After looking at the picture I posted on FB, he said that the crack in the bumper is going to add a lot to estimate to repair the new damage because that's a new bumper cover, paint and a lot more labor on top of just fixing the dent. He is guessing that insurance will cut me a check for about $2500-3000 and since he's only charging me minimal labor with no markup on parts, that will fix the new and the damage from the deer with some cash left over.

I may actually have gotten lucky by having somebody hit my car! We'll see what happens when I hear from the insurance company today.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

To add insult to injury, I clearly didn't shop around for insurance enough when I went with Progressive in the first place. After I started the claim with them, I was informed that the claim needs to be filed with Geico since that was the girl's insurance but the adjuster from Progressive took care of starting that process for me and gave me the claim number. She was very helpful. But then later in the evening I was poking around and signed up for AAA Roadside Assistance because it was cheaper than adding roadside assist to my current policy and then decided to see what the rates from AAA would be. Yeah, I'm switching next month.

My policy with Progressive just renewed on Friday (before the girl hit my car) and my insurance went up significantly without me catching it because I just didn't pay attention. There were no accidents or tickets or anything to give them reason to jack up my rates! Well, through AAA I can save over $20/month to get the same coverage PLUS comprehensive with a $500 deductible which would have come in really handy when that deer neglected to look both ways before crossing the highway. I'm done with Progressive. If I went with just the same coverage and no comprehensive, I would save nearly $60/month!!!

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I'll give credit to Geico. I called them this morning regarding my claim and they were very helpful. The person I talked to said that if I wanted to have it repaired at their shop in the area that will warranty the repairs forever and give me a rental, I could drop it off as soon as today to get it fixed but I'm still going to go with my guy. I took all 10 pictures that they requested and should hear tomorrow. I hated uploading pictures of the passenger side and front though since they are still busted up from the deer. I made notes on every picture showing that damage that it wasn't part of the claim but arrangements are made to get it fixed. I'm nervous that they are going to look at that and try and try to cheap out on me because they think the car is a piece of junk in it's current condition. Even with the positive interactions I've had so far with both insurance companies, I still don't trust them.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Some friends decided that we should play golf this weekend so one of them set up a tee time for this coming Saturday. We've already cancelled it. We are not good enough or in good enough shape to walk the course carrying our bags and on a hunch, I went to the course's website and they are not allowing golf carts for at least a couple more weeks.

That's a big NOPE for us. Now to find a course that will let us use carts.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

cleaning wet spots off my bathroom mirror. hate it.