MrCrowesGarden wrote:
May 3 22, 11:39 am
MrCrowesGarden wrote:
April 16 22, 10:58 am
IMADreamer wrote:
April 15 22, 9:20 pm
MrCrowesGarden wrote:
April 14 22, 1:13 pm
Don’t be an idiot like me and offer to help out your workplace when they’re in a bind. They won’t return the favor. Tell them you’re busy if they ask you to come in an off day. Use every day of your PTO. Call in sick even if you aren’t. Clock out the second your shift ends and leave. Don’t accept it when your time off requests are rejected. Better yet, tell them it’s your polite way of informing them you won’t be at work. Be extremely selfish because that’s what they’ll do
This is just common sense to me. Your employer doesn't give a [expletive] about you. Americans have to learn that.

It should have been for me. I was asked to work a month of weekends while they caught up with hiring. I should have said find someone else right there. One month turned into seven months. When a position M-F that's 9-5 opened up, something I've never had in eight years here opened up, my boss (who didn't hire me and who has never liked me) gave me a sham interview for the position even though it's technically a lateral move and gave it to someone who's a brand new hire. I kind of hope I'm asked to train this person so I can tell him that if I was qualified to train this person, I would have the job.
Update: I put in my notice yesterday. I found a job with better hours and better pay. Even then, I had to play a demented game of Simon Says with my soon to be ex-boss. I will be happy when I stop thinking about that specimen.
nice, congrats on the new gig

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Re: Random musings

Post by Leroy »

Who is the turd that decided gas prices displayed at stations should be the price plus 9/10 of a cent?

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Leroy wrote:
May 12 22, 10:10 am
Who is the turd that decided gas prices displayed at stations should be the price plus 9/10 of a cent?
The same marketing turd that came up with $9.99 and $199.95. It's been that way as long as I remember and I remember gas at 25.9 cents a gallon. Made a little more sense at those prices.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
May 12 22, 12:05 pm
Leroy wrote:
May 12 22, 10:10 am
The same marketing turd that came up with $9.99 and $199.95. It's been that way as long as I remember and I remember gas at 25.9 cents a gallon. Made a little more sense at those prices.
It's because of taxes. Thanks a lot government.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

My dad had his 6th surgery in 14 months yesterday. You can always tell he's feeling better when he's joking around. So his male nurse comes in and he's ripped. My dad goes "goes can you be in here?" the nurse looks confused. Dad saya "they don't allow guns in hospital and you have two of them. 'lol

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

IMADreamer wrote:
May 12 22, 7:06 pm
My dad had his 6th surgery in 14 months yesterday. You can always tell he's feeling better when he's joking around. So his male nurse comes in and he's ripped. My dad goes "goes can you be in here?" the nurse looks confused. Dad saya "they don't allow guns in hospital and you have two of them. 'lol
Nice

IMADreamer

Post by IMADreamer »

Well I planted corn for 40 hours straight and I'm done. Just woke up from a nice 12 hour nap and still feel tired.

Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

Post by Gashouse »

Sometimes I wish I had The Clapper to turn off lights when I’m feeling lazy.

IMADreamer

Post by IMADreamer »

Gashouse wrote:
May 24 22, 11:42 am
Sometimes I wish I had The Clapper to turn off lights when I’m feeling lazy.
Get smart bulbs and use your phone.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

Is it just me, or are there more pickup trucks pulling flatbed trailers on the roads than ever before?

If so, why is that? Why is this becoming more and more of a thing?