Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Re: Random musings

Post by Leroy »

Hmm, my wife has been saying that for years, long before she even knew who Trump was.

I'm sure if she knew how you felt, she'd still tell you to have a blessed day while you go f yourself.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

I try not to be petty, but I didn't leave on the best of terms from my previous job. I just found out two months later that the decision that was my primary driver for leaving my previous employer crashed and burned in their face, they're repeating the same process again, and it's cost them at least one more good worker so far.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

IMADreamer wrote:
July 16 22, 7:30 pm
There seems to be trend of people ending conversations with "have a blessed day." Nothing tells me you are brainwashed Trump supporting dip [expletive] like telling me to have a blessed day. I'm going to start responding with Hail Satan.
The phrase is fairly common with the African American community around here and has been for some time. It does seem to be spreading to other demographics in the Christian faith however.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

Leroy wrote:
July 18 22, 2:58 pm
I'm sure if she knew how you felt, she'd still tell you to have a blessed day while you go f yourself.
After, would she tell you to turn the other cheek?

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Leroy wrote:
July 18 22, 2:58 pm
Hmm, my wife has been saying that for years, long before she even knew who Trump was.

Sounds pretty Christian of her.

IMADreamer

Post by IMADreamer »

CardsofSTL wrote:
July 18 22, 3:24 pm
IMADreamer wrote:
There seems to be trend of people ending conversations with "have a blessed day." Nothing tells me you are brainwashed Trump supporting dip [expletive] like telling me to have a blessed day. I'm going to start responding with Hail Satan.
The phrase is fairly common with the African American community around here and has been for some time. It does seem to be spreading to other demographics in the Christian faith however.
I had never heard it until the last year or so and now it's everywhere. I feel like it's virtue signaling bs.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

IMADreamer wrote:
July 18 22, 4:20 pm
CardsofSTL wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:
I had never heard it until the last year or so and now it's everywhere. I feel like it's virtue signaling bs.
Well I live in a fast paced urban environment so I always hear everything first.

IMADreamer

Post by IMADreamer »

CardsofSTL wrote:
July 18 22, 9:15 pm
IMADreamer wrote:
July 18 22, 4:20 pm
CardsofSTL wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:
Well I live in a fast paced urban environment so I always hear everything first.
Admittedly we are usually behind. We just got Lynyrd Skynyrds' Street Survivors album. I sure hope nothing happens to those guys as I'm looking forward to decades of new music.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

Well, she knows she's not a perfect Christian, but she also knows she doesn't need to take any crap from anyone that gets there jollies from pointing that out.

TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

Post by TGantz »

I successfully drew a managed deer hunt for later this year. Never thought I'd get it, but definitely pumped.