Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: Random musings

Post by CardsofSTL »

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

Orange candy never tastes like oranges.
Neither does banana candy, but at least it tastes awesome.

So orange candy is just dumb.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Leroy wrote:Neither does banana candy, but at least it tastes awesome.
https://www.sciencefriday.com/articles/ ... l-bananas/

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

How is everyone not entirely obsessed with the Lori Vallow story? There's a couple in Kauai who fancy themselves prophets and have left a trail of dead people behind them. Law enforcement is hovering over them and it's strange they haven't pounced yet. Two kids are missing. Only it's way more interesting than that. The world ends 7/22/2020 for example. Attractive blonde lady. All of it.

I accidentally stumbled into it after discovering Dateline has a podcast. It seems like this story should be everywhere. At least a Balloon Boy if not a full on Baby Jessica. It's almost like we have a president that paints himself orange everyday and will be the only branch of government left in three weeks or something. People won't even look away for this.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Right now some 16 year old is thinking "whoa, this coronavirus thing is like the ORIGINAL going viral, I wonder if anyone's ever thought of that."

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
February 19 20, 9:23 pm
How is everyone not entirely obsessed with the Lori Vallow story? There's a couple in Kauai who fancy themselves prophets and have left a trail of dead people behind them. Law enforcement is hovering over them and it's strange they haven't pounced yet. Two kids are missing. Only it's way more interesting than that. The world ends 7/22/2020 for example. Attractive blonde lady. All of it.

I accidentally stumbled into it after discovering Dateline has a podcast. It seems like this story should be everywhere. At least a Balloon Boy if not a full on Baby Jessica. It's almost like we have a president that paints himself orange everyday and will be the only branch of government left in three weeks or something. People won't even look away for this.
Wow. I hadn't heard anything about that. I'm going to have to check that story out later.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Should I be worried that Mrs. Wart has suddenly switched from watching Hallmark channel all day to watching Investigation Discovery channel and all the true crime shows? I mean she hasn't asked me to increase my life insurance or anything yet, but still...

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

wart57 wrote:
February 21 20, 11:37 am
Should I be worried that Mrs. Wart has suddenly switched from watching Hallmark channel all day to watching Investigation Discovery channel and all the true crime shows? I mean she hasn't asked me to increase my life insurance or anything yet, but still...

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
February 21 20, 12:00 pm
wart57 wrote:
February 21 20, 11:37 am