Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 12071
Joined: April 25 06, 6:43 pm
Location: Austin

Re: Random musings

Post by Arthur Dent »

G. Keenan wrote:
November 18 22, 12:33 pm
TGantz wrote:
November 15 22, 11:05 am
CardsofSTL wrote:
November 11 22, 11:32 am
Annual eye exam today. Doctor dilated my eyes and I can't read [expletive]. Not a fan.
I love how they always act like it's a minor inconvenience as if it doesn't turn daylight into the burning of a thousand suns for the next two hours.
I've never had the balls to agree to it. I always decline.
My eye doctor bought some fancy camera gizmo that takes super high resolution, wide field photos of of your retina without any dilation. It was not expensive. Highly recommend.

User avatar
G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple
Posts: 22986
Joined: April 16 06, 6:03 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Random musings

Post by G. Keenan »

Arthur Dent wrote:
November 18 22, 1:40 pm
G. Keenan wrote:
November 18 22, 12:33 pm
TGantz wrote:
November 15 22, 11:05 am
CardsofSTL wrote:
November 11 22, 11:32 am
Annual eye exam today. Doctor dilated my eyes and I can't read [expletive]. Not a fan.
I love how they always act like it's a minor inconvenience as if it doesn't turn daylight into the burning of a thousand suns for the next two hours.
I've never had the balls to agree to it. I always decline.
My eye doctor bought some fancy camera gizmo that takes super high resolution, wide field photos of of your retina without any dilation. It was not expensive. Highly recommend.
Yes, I always go for that option. It's like an extra $35 bucks, which I feel is worth it so they can see if there's tumor on my retina or something.

User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master
Posts: 43079
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: Random musings

Post by CardsofSTL »

Arthur Dent wrote:
November 18 22, 1:40 pm
G. Keenan wrote:
November 18 22, 12:33 pm
TGantz wrote:
November 15 22, 11:05 am
CardsofSTL wrote:
November 11 22, 11:32 am
Annual eye exam today. Doctor dilated my eyes and I can't read [expletive]. Not a fan.
I love how they always act like it's a minor inconvenience as if it doesn't turn daylight into the burning of a thousand suns for the next two hours.
I've never had the balls to agree to it. I always decline.
My eye doctor bought some fancy camera gizmo that takes super high resolution, wide field photos of of your retina without any dilation. It was not expensive. Highly recommend.
Yeah that's called retinapathy and I had that done too. No idea why insurance never covers that but it's under $40. He wanted to dilate my eyes though because I was a new patient and he wanted a full work up I guess.

User avatar
Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators
Posts: 11396
Joined: April 21 06, 3:31 pm
Location: I Read the News Today Oh, boy

Re: Random musings

Post by Tambourine Man »

I really dislike the trend of grown-ass men wearing sneakers with suits. Not a fan at all.

User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master
Posts: 43079
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: Random musings

Post by CardsofSTL »

Tambourine Man wrote:
November 29 22, 11:42 pm
I really dislike the trend of grown-ass men wearing sneakers with suits. Not a fan at all.
What if it's a denim suit?

User avatar
Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators
Posts: 11396
Joined: April 21 06, 3:31 pm
Location: I Read the News Today Oh, boy

Re: Random musings

Post by Tambourine Man »

CardsofSTL wrote:
November 30 22, 5:36 am
Tambourine Man wrote:
November 29 22, 11:42 pm
I really dislike the trend of grown-ass men wearing sneakers with suits. Not a fan at all.
What if it's a denim suit?
Well now, that's a whole different beast. Pimp af.

User avatar
G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple
Posts: 22986
Joined: April 16 06, 6:03 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Random musings

Post by G. Keenan »

So I need to renew my passport and go online to get the forms and see that I can renew it online instead of through the mail. Sweet! Just gotta get a digital passport photo to upload. Cool. Walk to CVS next to my office. Do you do digital passport photos? Yes. Ok, great, how do I get the copy? We can save them to a USB, which you have to first purchase from us, and you have to take the printed copies too, just because. Brilliant. Walk to the Walgreens next to my office. Do you do digital passport photos? Same answer. Can't you just email them to me? Nope. And I can't use my own USB? Nope. LOL.

Cutting edge, guys!

I know I could just take a pic myself on my iPhone in front of a white wall and crop it to the right size and make sure it's at least 600 x 600 pixels, but if I do that, what will inevitably happen is I'll upload it with my application only to be told 6 weeks later that there was some glitch with the photo and I have to start all over. I'd rather just pay the $20 for someone else to take it, but I'll be damned if I'm going to be forced to buy a $6 USB just to receive it. So I found a place that will email it to me.

User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master
Posts: 43079
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: Random musings

Post by CardsofSTL »

G. Keenan wrote:
November 30 22, 4:00 pm
So I need to renew my passport and go online to get the forms and see that I can renew it online instead of through the mail. Sweet! Just gotta get a digital passport photo to upload. Cool. Walk to CVS next to my office. Do you do digital passport photos? Yes. Ok, great, how do I get the copy? We can save them to a USB, which you have to first purchase from us, and you have to take the printed copies too, just because. Brilliant. Walk to the Walgreens next to my office. Do you do digital passport photos? Same answer. Can't you just email them to me? Nope. And I can't use my own USB? Nope. LOL.

Cutting edge, guys!

I know I could just take a pic myself on my iPhone in front of a white wall and crop it to the right size and make sure it's at least 600 x 600 pixels, but if I do that, what will inevitably happen is I'll upload it with my application only to be told 6 weeks later that there was some glitch with the photo and I have to start all over. I'd rather just pay the $20 for someone else to take it, but I'll be damned if I'm going to be forced to buy a $6 USB just to receive it. So I found a place that will email it to me.
If you're not doing a bathroom mirror selfie you're doing it wrong.

Post Reply