Deadspin

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Re: Deadspin

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

I'm glad they're doing this and wish them luck. Maybe Drew will finally find that lyrical juxtaposition of St. Louis Cardinals fans and semen that reaches me and I finally get it.

I do hope they drop some of the [expletive]: Bill Simmons, hating all other outlets (even for doing things it does itself), jerking off at stupid letters from dummies that got their feelings hurt because Deadspin hurt their feelings for fun. But their voice is meaningful whether I like it or not and their end was alarming, so I'm glad they have an outlet to do whatever it is they want.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I just signed up.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

I signed up too. I think it'll be fun, and something worth supporting.

I'll accept their Cardinals trolling (even as I tell myself the old canard, "not all Cardinals fans"). Recent years have shown that there's plenty in the genome of St. Louis that deserves to be criticized.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i dont think people care but the evolution is interesting
Deadspin Is Becoming a Gambling Referral Site
https://www.404media.co/who-owns-deadsp ... ublishing/
A poorly protected IP address suggested that the new owner had ties to the online gambling industry. And an XML file hosted on the site showed the name "Max Noremo," which is the name of someone who has done affiliate marketing and SEO for gambling sites for a decade. After these facts were discovered by Ernie Smith of Tedium and freelance journalist Michael Gresko, I began digging further, and repeatedly asked Noremo and G/O Media what would become of the site. Thursday morning, Lineup Publishing posted a statement confirming the new ownership: "As we look to the future, our focus remains on delivering content that matters, through a platform known for its boldness, integrity, and insight into the world of sports and beyond," Lineup Publishing wrote. "In order to best achieve this, we will be spending the next month moving to our own bespoke platform. All posts, images, and any other form of content will be retained."

"We aim to be able to support delivery of this via partnerships within the sports betting industry," the statement continues. "We believe that by doing this, we can deliver the top quality content people want to read, without impeding the quality and usability of the site."

Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer

Post by Arthur Dent »

lol