Re: Rant: Weekend Plans

Post by Cheddar Tom »

Jocephus wrote:bow chika wow wow
:lol:

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

I'm waiting to hear if you get to christen the boat this weekend. That would be awesome.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I'm taking Friday off to deal with some stuff at the lake and splash the new ride! Looks like I don't have anybody able to go down with me Saturday but I don't care. I'll just tell my dad to not even worry about putting the pontoon in and him and his girlfriend can ride with me. I'll still know plenty of people in the cove and will have a great time.

Had a hilarious conversation yesterday afternoon about naming the boat. I was outside on a break and somebody asked if I had named it yet. I told them that I had joked about Usain Boat and gave the story behind that and then another guy suggested that I name it 'My Johnson' which started a five minute string of jokes playing on that theme (you want to ride on My Johnson, have a seat on My Johnson, etc). The possibilities are endless.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Cheddar Tom wrote:
Jocephus wrote:bow chika wow wow
:lol:
Oh, and that was definitely on the menu last night but I messed it up. And by messed it up I mean that I went home by myself at 1am so I could actually make it to work instead of going home with her like she wanted.

I am regretting that decision now but at the same time, I'm at work and functioning instead of either calling in and getting in trouble for missing some important meetings today or being at work and getting in trouble for screwing up those important meetings.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

Wait a second. Choice A was the get laid and then call into work sick. Choice B was to not get laid and go to some meetings.

And you picked Choice B?

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

JLleatherbottoms couldn't make it? Image

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Yeah, I'm an idiot. Especially when I'm drunk. Then my priorities get all messed up. With these consultants in town for today only and the entire org chart being created from basically scratch to integrate us into the much larger company that bought us late last year, I really couldn't afford to call in today. There will be jobs lost, I don't want to be one of them. I am having visions of Office Space. I'm going to go in there and just not give a care and see if I can't get promoted up the chain!

And the girl is coming to the lake with me Sunday so I'll just fix my mistake then.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

jim wrote:Wait a second. Choice A was the get laid and then call into work sick. Choice B was to not get laid and go to some meetings.

And you picked Choice B?
Yeah, WTF?

Start drinking earlier maybe?

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

It's kind of weird not having much of a plan yet for Memorial day weekend. We've had plans or obligations (mostly good stuff though) for every weekend since last summer.

smoked meat is in order.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

It's damn weird having a long weekend with not much to do other than a few chores and kid's softball game.

I hate to be organized about free time - but I'm making a list because it's too easy to fritter it all away. And damn is that list long.

can already see that smoking the pork butt will be a key central event.