Rant: Weekend Plans

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Re: Rant: Weekend Plans

Post by Freed Roger »

we've got a week north of Petoskey MI this summer on Lake Michigan. Looking forward to it.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Me and the kid are going to Paris then south to Toulouse and on to Barceloa and back in a few weeks.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

Sounds great. Good for you guys.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

Long weekend.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Looks like I'll be hitting the lake both Saturday and Sunday now and the friend going with me Sunday is REALLY going to regret telling me what she did. She IM'd me at work and told me that she matched up with a guy on Tinder and he's going to be at Goose Creek this weekend. She was wondering if I know him. I don't... yet.

I just have to figure out how much embarrassing information about her I want to give him tomorrow while she's not there. I do recognize his boat and he always anchors in the same cove we do so it won't be hard to find him.

In reality, I probably won't actually say or do anything but if we do happen to run each other by accident, I will at least meet the guy but then again, I would do the same to anybody who tied up with me or anchored right next to us. I'll just let her think I told him embarrassing stories about her.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I can't wait for this weekend. Three nights of camping and three days of boating. Plus probably a cruise around the lake Friday night when we put the boat in!!! I have some good friends camping with me including a couple from KC and it is going to be great. Plus I get to drink with them once we get off of the water. So far with six days on the lake I've drank less than 24 beers total. Kind of stinks when my friends get drunk on the water but I can't and then after we get off of the water they all go home and I'm still sober and ready to go so I have to go to the bar by myself!

And from my previous post, I didn't track that guy down the Saturday but I did hang out with him a bit Sunday. Some friends brought their kids down Sunday and it was great. I loved seeing the kids have so much fun. Then when the kids were tired we dropped them and their dads at the dock and my friend and I went back out to meet up with the guy. Him and his friends were cool. We'll hang out with them down there any time. Thankfully there was no connection though. This way we're all cool to hang out and neither of them can do something stupid causing the other one to not want to hang around the other. At least not as likely as if they dated.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I'm also five for six with regards to making it back at the end of the day without needing a tow now!!!

I managed to replace the coupler mechanism and put lock-tite on the ignition switch Saturday to take care of those problems. I've now made three repairs and spent a little less than $15 on them. Only one repair was necessary to get the boat running again but the coupler on the trailer and ignition switch were probably still needed just to make things easier. The two repairs on Saturday took about ten minutes so that was easy too.

And we got the wake board tower off without destroying anything on the boat. It really is a job for three or four people but myself and a female friend somehow managed it. We almost got in over our heads though. We undid the front bracket and the tower immediately started falling backwards. With us standing on the ground we couldn't really get the leverage to keep it upright and still undo the other brackets so we slowly lowered it down to it was laying on the back of the boat, undid the last two brackets and then were able to lift it just enough to flip it off of the back of the boat and into the gravel (and not drop it) without scratching or tearing anything up. That was a relief. And that also allowed us to use the bimini top for shade. That was great and then really great when a rain storm came through. We huddled under that for twenty or thirty minutes and then it cleared up and we were right back in the lake!

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

My normal bar is now on my bad list. One of the bartenders was supposed to come down to the lake on Sunday but then one of the girls just quit without giving notice and the girl who was going to come to the lake has to cover that shift. Thought she could still come down Monday since the bar was going to be closed until the evening (not her shift) but last night the owner then decided to open up all day Monday and she has to work that. There aren't enough curse words right now.

I'm trying but things just keep going south at the last minute. It might take until I'm 80 but I'll eventually get a hot single girl on my boat so I can fire on her all day and she can't run away.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

lots of storms predicted over the 4th weekend - what's that do to boating plans tlombard?

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

We'll see. The lake is a bit south of St. Louis so there are times where it storms here but not there. If it rains then we just hang out under cover until it stops. It won't ruin the weekend by any means though.

Just makes the camping part a wet t-shirt contest!