Hotter than a... ? I'm sweating like a...?

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Re: Hotter than a... ? I'm sweating like a...?

Post by Diddy »

That sounds about like putting up a grain bin in mid summer.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

first half of this year was hotter than a ...Ever*

*ever going back to 1881.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Freed Roger wrote:first half of this year was hotter than a ...Ever*

*ever going back to 1881.
Talk about a small sample size....

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

If they can figure out a way to capture and convert my ball sweat into drinkable water - I think I've got .001% of the water shortage in the west covered. hehehahahe he he he
he.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Freed Roger wrote:If they can figure out a way to capture and convert my ball sweat into drinkable water - I think I've got .001% of the water shortage in the west covered. hehehahahe he he he
he.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

It's going to be a Gold Bond Extra Strength kind of week.

jim

Post by jim »

My boss is a nice guy but really not the ... never mind. Anyway, summer vacation for the fam - where did they decide to go in July? St. Louis! Perfect.

Yesterday he calls me and asks him to review his wife's itinerary, which I said sure. I told him "Stay cool" and he said "What is the deal, you are the second person that has mentioned that."

Boss man - it's [expletive] hot in St. Louis in July. Always. It's like the one month you never ever want to go visit. I love summer, hot weather, and St. Louis, and I won't go down there in July. He seemed puzzled by the fact that it's going to be 100 degrees.

At least it's a damp 100 to keep you cool.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

jim wrote:My boss is a nice guy but really not the ... never mind. Anyway, summer vacation for the fam - where did they decide to go in July? St. Louis! Perfect.
Our old house growing up only had a window unit in one room - it was useless. Even then, some of my most ingrained memories of it being too damn hot were coming to St. Louis for family trips in the summer. the heat wasn't too bad at evening ballgame - this was the 70s so you could spread out and at Busch II could move to a better spot.. But the zoo, and Six Flags. if not for hotel swimming pools, my impression of St. Louis in the summer was just a hot miserable place. I can't imagine voluntarily coming here from somewhere north in the summer.

it's already 89 here today. trying to sit outside this AM with the laptop a nd it's fogging up. laid my running shoes and a few other things out to dry yesterday, and they still feel soaked.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

jim wrote:My boss is a nice guy but really not the ... never mind. Anyway, summer vacation for the fam - where did they decide to go in July? St. Louis! Perfect.

Yesterday he calls me and asks him to review his wife's itinerary, which I said sure. I told him "Stay cool" and he said "What is the deal, you are the second person that has mentioned that."

Boss man - it's [expletive] hot in St. Louis in July. Always. It's like the one month you never ever want to go visit. I love summer, hot weather, and St. Louis, and I won't go down there in July. He seemed puzzled by the fact that it's going to be 100 degrees.

At least it's a damp 100 to keep you cool.
Well, if they're coming next week they may catch a break as it's only supposed to be in the low 90's which would be tolerable in comparison to what we're getting right now.

100 + humidity = 110 plus heat index's = absolutely miserable

jim

Post by jim »

Freed Roger wrote:
Our old house growing up only had a window unit in one room - it was useless. Even then, some of my most ingrained memories of it being too damn hot were coming to St. Louis for family trips in the summer. the heat wasn't too bad at evening ballgame - this was the 70s so you could spread out and at Busch II could move to a better spot.. But the zoo, and Six Flags. if not for hotel swimming pools, my impression of St. Louis in the summer was just a hot miserable place. I can't imagine voluntarily coming here from somewhere north in the summer.

it's already 89 here today. trying to sit outside this AM with the laptop a nd it's fogging up. laid my running shoes and a few other things out to dry yesterday, and they still feel soaked.
The guy is a complete idiot. Nice guy, but a complete idiot.