Life changes

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Re: Life changes

Post by heyzeus »

thrill wrote:
October 15 22, 7:32 am
It’s really hard to get used to hot market housing prices when you’re from the Midwest. MF’ers asking for half a mil for a 3/2 with 1500 sf.

-Florida thrill

Jo get a job at FAU and move to Jupiter. We can be roomies.
In a good Austin neighborhood, that house is now $800k. Well, it was a few months ago. Now it's $790k.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

thrill wrote:
October 15 22, 7:32 am
It’s really hard to get used to hot market housing prices when you’re from the Midwest. MF’ers asking for half a mil for a 3/2 with 1500 sf.

-Florida thrill

Jo get a job at FAU and move to Jupiter. We can be roomies.
I am 100% remote and hate snow....

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

Leroy wrote:
October 17 22, 11:52 am
We just closed on a 3,160 square feet 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom for just over half that, and we think its bad here. I don't see how people make enough money to afford some of those houses, but I guess they do.
I bet you got yourself a fiddle room now.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

mikechamp wrote:
October 17 22, 3:03 pm
Leroy wrote:
We just closed on a 3,160 square feet 5 bedroom, 3 bathroom for just over half that, and we think its bad here. I don't see how people make enough money to afford some of those houses, but I guess they do.
Indeed, more of a general music room though. Good place to rehearse.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

Leroy wrote:
October 19 22, 10:12 am
mikechamp wrote:
October 17 22, 3:03 pm
Leroy wrote:
Indeed, more of a general music room though. Good place to rehearse.
That's terrific.

Housing prices in Louisville shot up by 40 percent in a single year last year. When I went to refinance my mortgage and lock in relatively low interest rates, the person evaluating the value of my home said I'd be happily surprised how much the value had appreciated. I wasn't surprised, I was shocked.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

I'm not much on these look at me posts; mostly I like to talk about baseball or say something tongue in cheek and irreverent but this is a holiday weekend and I have been self reflecting a bit.

Coming up on just about a year ago I started having some health concerns; I won't go too far into those except to say that it took months for the doctors to sort of narrow down what was going on. Now as fate would have it the MLB owners were polite enough to have a lockout and give me an extended offseason to try and figure out what was going on with myself; but there were still periods of times where I just didn't have the will to do anything; including getting on GRB. I of course confided this in the mod team and would be remiss not to point out that their efforts especially Rad with stepping in for the GDTs were so diligent as to leave my frequent absences over the year to be virtually unnoticeable. The other point of this is that there were times when I was online and I was not feeling very well and I certainly took less than diplomatic approaches at times when interacting with some of my fellow GRBers; so I will take this moment to apologize for any slights that might have occurred based on my lack of self awareness. I have always prided myself on being easy going and pretty diplomatic and I know over the last year that has not always been the case.

At the beginning of next week I am starting a new somewhat untested treatment that is according to my doctors showing pretty good signs of returning quality of life back to what most people consider normalcy. While the different things I have tried over the last year have had varying success this is the first time the idea of going back to normal was really broached by the medical folks. Instead I have been trying to learn my new normal; and sometimes failing when I overdo things thinking that I can just do whatever I want. Fatigue and recovery time when I am worn down have all increased; so the idea of just being able to go on an outing and not being exhausted for a week afterward is very appealing to me. That being said; I expect some time away again once I start the new treatment until we see how things go. It is a slow time of year right now; baseball speaking; so a perfect time of year for me to try and get myself sorted before we begin the 2023 championship run.

Anyway; if self reflecting has told me anything it is that life kind of sucks at times but you got to make do with what you got. Happy Holidays everyone.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

Damn man! I hope these treatments help!!! Will be thinking about you!!

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Hang in there @CardsofSTL - in many ways you are the heart and soul of this place. We're all pulling for you.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

CardsofSTL wrote:
November 27 22, 11:15 am
Coming up on just about a year ago I started having some health concerns; I won't go too far into those except to say that it took months for the doctors to sort of narrow down what was going on. Now as fate would have it the MLB owners were polite enough to have a lockout and give me an extended offseason to try and figure out what was going on with myself; but there were still periods of times where I just didn't have the will to do anything; including getting on GRB. I of course confided this in the mod team and would be remiss not to point out that their efforts especially Rad with stepping in for the GDTs were so diligent as to leave my frequent absences over the year to be virtually unnoticeable.
I don't know what you're talking about, but I totally noticed. I just didn't want to make a big deal about it.

(Says the guy who is never in a GDT.) Get well soon, dude.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Hope everything works out for the best, @CardsofSTL Hate to hear you're going through all that sheet