Rave: Adidas

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
themiddle54
Perennial All-Star

Re: Rave: Adidas

Post by themiddle54 »

I'm the same, don't run, but am on my feet for 9-12 hours/day. I've tried other stuff for work, like those Dansko clog things that cooks wear, and they kill me, my lower body feels fatigued wearing them. Tried wearing Chuck Taylors behind the bar, no support. Vans are ok, I have a couple pairs of those that I rotate through. But running shoes tend to work best. The Adidas Boost are the ones I've found that give me the least leg/lower back/knee fatigue at work, and as walking-around shoes give me a bit of spring and cushion that works best.

TimeForGuinness
Hall Of Famer

Post by TimeForGuinness »

New Balance Zante's are my daily road runners
Pearl Izumi's are my trail runners

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

TimeForGuinness wrote: Pearl Izumi's are my trail runners
where do you get these?

-----
I find myself spending a lot more on socks these days.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

Zulu socks

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

themiddle54 wrote:I'm the same, don't run, but am on my feet for 9-12 hours/day. I've tried other stuff for work, like those Dansko clog things that cooks wear, and they kill me, my lower body feels fatigued wearing them. Tried wearing Chuck Taylors behind the bar, no support. Vans are ok, I have a couple pairs of those that I rotate through. But running shoes tend to work best. The Adidas Boost are the ones I've found that give me the least leg/lower back/knee fatigue at work, and as walking-around shoes give me a bit of spring and cushion that works best.
I'd kill myself running in and out of the kitchen in athletic shoes. I wear these non-slip ugly pieces of [expletive] from WalMart that cost $23 and I throw them away every few months. They're actually more comfortable and supportive and last about as long as the $150 Timberland Pro clogs that I wore previously.
[SHOW]

paskal
Veteran Player

Post by paskal »

themiddle54 wrote:Lifelong Nike guy. With a sneaker habit. Always loved Nike running shoes, especially the Frees. Bought my first pair of Adidas Ultra Boosts about six months ago and they are the most comfortable shoes I've ever owned. Have bought a few more pairs of Boosts since and love every one of them. They're springy and light and fit great. Don't think I'll be going back to Nike.
They've got an 'uncaged' version of the Ultra Boost that I've got - has the plastic part on the sides of the normal shoe removed so that it's even more sock like. Very comfortable shoe - will definitely be getting more from Adidas with the Boost sole in the future, but style-wise, I'm still a Nike guy.

TimeForGuinness
Hall Of Famer

Post by TimeForGuinness »

Freed Roger wrote:
TimeForGuinness wrote: Pearl Izumi's are my trail runners
where do you get these?
Amazon for around $85

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

My kid informed me that adidas boost are a cool thing these days, and was kind of shocked her dad is in cool kicks. This was confirmed by my HS teen niece's boyfriend - who buys up and resells popular shoes as a gig.

I'm guessing the cost will be even higher next time I get a pair.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

Supposedly this video was made by a film student, sent to adidas and rejected.
trending on the internet, and already being spoofed.

lol
Last edited by Freed Roger on November 1 17, 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Honestly somehow it always seems that I'm dreaming of
Something I could never be
It doesn't matter to me cause I will always be that pimp that I see in all
Of my fantasies

very NSFW