Car dealers are still sleezy bastards

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
ThatGuy
Perennial All-Star

Re: Car dealers are still sleezy bastards

Post by ThatGuy »

I've actually heard that VW dealers do the exact same thing with the Golf R. Rare, don't want to add "unnecessary" miles, etc. I'm like you though - probably not going to buy a car like that without driving it.

I bought a GTI a few months ago and was super pleased with the whole dealership experience. Makes me want to ask my salesman if I can test drive the R they've got on the lot ... :D

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

ThatGuy wrote:I've actually heard that VW dealers do the exact same thing with the Golf R. Rare, don't want to add "unnecessary" miles, etc. I'm like you though - probably not going to buy a car like that without driving it.

I bought a GTI a few months ago and was super pleased with the whole dealership experience. Makes me want to ask my salesman if I can test drive the R they've got on the lot ... :D

The funny thing about all this is the Chevy dealer let me drive a z06 that stickered for 111,000 today. lol No way I'm plopping down that much on a car though.

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

ThatGuy wrote:I've actually heard that VW dealers do the exact same thing with the Golf R. Rare, don't want to add "unnecessary" miles, etc. I'm like you though - probably not going to buy a car like that without driving it.

The VW dealer in Springfield also sells Porsche. I was in getting some recall work done on my wife's Passat and was checking out the Porsche side. Salesman came up to talk to me and I told him I wasn't Interested, just killing time, but he insisted we take a 911 for a test drive. Never even tried to sell it to me, must have just wanted out of the office.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Can you blame him? I'd want to take any test drive I could in a car like that too.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

tlombard wrote:Can you blame him? I'd want to take any test drive I could in a car like that too.
Depends on who's driving the car.