Sandals and Flip Flops

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
haltz
Hall Of Famer

Re: Sandals and Flip Flops

Post by haltz »

I work at night and if it's not cold outside I almost always wear a pair of adidas slides when I'm running around during the day.

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

I used to live in sandals out of necessity when I was in Vegas, mostly gave that up after I left. I have a pair of crocs brand sandals that are comfy and not as ugly as their shoes, but I hardly ever wear them in public anymore.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

sighyoung wrote:I can't stand flip flops. But I love sandals around the house, and will use walking sandals when it's hot as blazes outside.

I used to wear Keen sandals, which are great: enough arch support, they protected my toes, they could be easily washed, and the soles are virtually indestructible and last for years. Unfortunately, they no longer fit properly, and I had to shift to another brand and another kind of sandal.
I will vouch for Keen's durability. Mine did get smelly. How did you wash them? Whatever I tried didnt work.

Re flip flops - my wife bought me a pair and they took a week to adapt to. With dogs to walk -it is the.quickest and easiest way out the door.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Go barefoot like a bohemian bro

Sutter'sBeard
is the oscar meyer weiner kid

Post by Sutter'sBeard »

Anyone else call them "slides". My wife and kids refer to the sandals with the single 3 inch strap as "slides" (UA, Nike, or Adidas). I have taken the very controversial stance to never still refer to them as "flip-flops".

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

No to flip flops. Slides are great and I have a pair of comfortable sandals with a back strap for when I'm going to be walking a lot.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

Freed Roger wrote:
sighyoung wrote:I can't stand flip flops. But I love sandals around the house, and will use walking sandals when it's hot as blazes outside.

I used to wear Keen sandals, which are great: enough arch support, they protected my toes, they could be easily washed, and the soles are virtually indestructible and last for years. Unfortunately, they no longer fit properly, and I had to shift to another brand and another kind of sandal.
I will vouch for Keen's durability. Mine did get smelly. How did you wash them? Whatever I tried didnt work.

Re flip flops - my wife bought me a pair and they took a week to adapt to. With dogs to walk -it is the.quickest and easiest way out the door.

My first pair of Keens, I found out later, was designed to be worn aboard ships: the rubber soles prevented slipping and the toe guard kept the toes from ramming into stuff.

With these, I just tossed them in the bathtub, washed them with very diluted and mild dish soap, and let them dry overnight. I don't know if that's what I was supposed to do, but it worked.

I can't say that I was as successful with the other Keens, since I couldn't wash them like that.

Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!

Post by Schlich »

I love my slides, they're memory foam and feel great

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

Havaianas all the way.