Terrible Pet Owners

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Swirls
gone fission

Re: Terrible Pet Owners

Post by Swirls »

Well done. We're driving through KC tomorrow on our way back to Springfield to visit my family for the weekend. PM me his address and we will egg it on our way down. If a vehicle is in the driveway, I could possibly be coerced into slashing a tire or two.

God I hate [expletive] that are bad pet owners.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Same. Glad you did what you had to do.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

Bravo, Mr Crowe!

Thanks for sticking up for that poor guy. He deserves better.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I know that I've mentioned the story where I told a guy that I was going to steal a dog that wasn't being taken care of properly only to find out that I was planning on stealing his son's dog. I hadn't seen the dog in a few years (the guy I told my plans to actually took the dog in shortly after) and knew that he was back with his original owner and his girlfriend who adores him and also has two other dogs for him to hang with. In a fun turn of events I stopped into the bar for a bit last Thursday and the girlfriend is now working at my normal bar. She showed me some more pictures of the dog that night and then Friday evening I was minding my own business when she popped her head in from the patio and told me that there was somebody on the patio who wanted to see me. She brought him up so I could see him! That made me very happy.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

tlombard wrote:I know that I've mentioned the story where I told a guy that I was going to steal a dog that wasn't being taken care of properly only to find out that I was planning on stealing his son's dog. I hadn't seen the dog in a few years (the guy I told my plans to actually took the dog in shortly after) and knew that he was back with his original owner and his girlfriend who adores him and also has two other dogs for him to hang with. In a fun turn of events I stopped into the bar for a bit last Thursday and the girlfriend is now working at my normal bar. She showed me some more pictures of the dog that night and then Friday evening I was minding my own business when she popped her head in from the patio and told me that there was somebody on the patio who wanted to see me. She brought him up so I could see him! That made me very happy.

That's awesome.

I just found King (the dog) today at an animal shelter. Although they're calling him Goulash, this is definitely him. If you're around KC or know someone who wants a mastiff...

https://kcpetproject.org/adopt/animal-d ... 11&tid=Dog

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Sweet looking dog...hope he gets adopted soon.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

I gave our puppy a bone off a ribeye thinking it would make him happy. He swallowed it whole. Had to have surgery. I feel like a terrible pet owner.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

Poor guy! I hope the surgery went well though. Live and learn.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Thanks. Vet said he's doing well. Staying at the vet until wednesday.

His brother/littermate is quite worried at home. Crazy how emotionally aware/intelligent animals are. I let the brother at the house out at lunch and he was searching everywhere. Feel bad for him too as he's obviously missing the one at the vet.

Man, it seemed like a good idea. Had a tomahawk ribeye steak saturday night. Cut the bone in half sunday morning so they could each have one and bam, within 5 seconds of getting it he had swallowed it whole....which I didn't think was possible. Neither did the vet apparently who said she had never seen anything like it. On the list of things to worry about with bones/dogs that I looked at, swallowing it was on the list but just seemed impossible. Figured they would chew what little fat/meat was on it and we'd take it away 10-15 minutes later before they could do much other damage.

There's a lot of anecdotes out there about how dogs can digest bone - including my brother whose 100lb dog managed to steal a whole smoked chicken/eat every bit of it/and be no worse for the wear - but the vet said that posed its own risks.

After surgery the vet said it hadn't digested at all and eventually they would have had to get it out, so glad we did that. FML. What a stupid mistake. Lesson learned indeed.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

What kind of dogs do you have, AW?