Birdfan57
Veteran Player

Re: Rant: U.S. Postal Service

Post by Birdfan57 »

CardsofSTL wrote:
June 23 21, 7:36 pm
MrCrowesGarden wrote:
June 23 21, 2:54 pm
I love the USPS and services like UPS and FedEx would look like clown shows comparatively if they had the same volume.
I have no particular fondness for any of them. But the certified mail that spurred this rant in 2018 has still not been delivered.
The USPS suggs, at least in Riverside, CA where I live. No mail for 2-3 days at a time and then 3 days worth of mail all at once. I won't use USPS when it comes to paying bills, can't depend on them to get it to the destination. I sent my mom a Mother's Day card 5-6 years ago, she never got it and the card never came back to me.

st.lewis11
Hall Of Famer

Post by st.lewis11 »

Around 20-25 years ago, one of my brothers worked for USPS a short while, he was fired for losing a certified letter.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

st.lewis11 wrote:
June 26 21, 3:00 pm
Around 20-25 years ago, one of my brothers worked for USPS a short while, he was fired for losing a certified letter.
I hope that tradition continued to whoever lost mine. Ended up having to do a stop payment and then overnighting with FedEx.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

While we were deposed in Utah, we set up mail forwarding for 4 months. Typically, we get probably 3-4 items in the mail per day, plus several catalogs and magazines each week. During the mail forwarding period, we received 1-2 items total per week. Zero catalogs or magazines. It wasn't delivered to our normal home, it wasn't delivered to our temporary address. Everything just...vanished.

A lesser gripe, we routinely have packages switched with another house several blocks away with the same house number, but different street (with very dissimilar street names). Probably 2-3 times per month, we get their packages or they get ours. Thankfully they are at least consistent with messing up the same two addresses, so we just text them to see if they have our stuff.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »