Rave: Not So Fine Dining

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Re: Rave: Not So Fine Dining

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

If youre too lazy to make lunch but looking to save money, a loaf of bread, bananas, and jar of peanut butter is probably about $6 total and will feed you for a week.

And, undoubtedly tastes better than unseasoned ground beef in a tortilla.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

True. I actually bought some Raisin Nut Bran two weeks ago and have been planning to bring it into the office for cheap breakfasts ever since. It's still sitting in my trunk. I do a lot better with breakfast. Normally I bring in bagels and stick some cream cheese in the fridge at work and/or Jimmy Dean breakfast bowls for the freezer when they are on sale. Those are actually really good.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Sidebar: my kid has her first w2 job, and it is in a restaurant. Hostess/Busser in a sort of trending breakfast lunch place. On the one hand, great experience - seeing lazy ass co-workers and intro to adult working world.. On the same hand, its morning and weekend, and more of a chill and even churchy crowd.

On the other hand, she likes dressing up for work. And hmmmm in a while, with natural progression, and some gumption she will be waiting tables or working bar at this place, and then onto a big kid place etc etc....and going out with the crew to 3AM bars after close with younger 33rds and Haltzs and thirdmans etc. Etc. Oh Noes!

Actually. Not worried. It is great for her now and for who knows how long. Maybe it'll be something that sticks.....anyways Now, When we go out to dinner somewhere, she is sizing it all up at wherever we eat. Watching the process etc etc.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

tlombard wrote:True. I actually bought some Raisin Nut Bran two weeks ago and have been planning to bring it into the office for cheap breakfasts ever since. It's still sitting in my trunk. I do a lot better with breakfast. Normally I bring in bagels and stick some cream cheese in the fridge at work and/or Jimmy Dean breakfast bowls for the freezer when they are on sale. Those are actually really good.
Wait, isn’t your mom a chef?

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:If youre too lazy to make lunch but looking to save money, a loaf of bread, bananas, and jar of peanut butter is probably about $6 total and will feed you for a week.

Bump it up a buck and get Jiff

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

lukethedrifter wrote:
tlombard wrote:True. I actually bought some Raisin Nut Bran two weeks ago and have been planning to bring it into the office for cheap breakfasts ever since. It's still sitting in my trunk. I do a lot better with breakfast. Normally I bring in bagels and stick some cream cheese in the fridge at work and/or Jimmy Dean breakfast bowls for the freezer when they are on sale. Those are actually really good.
Wait, isn’t your mom a chef?
She was but she left the kitchen about a year ago and works for the state. She's had a hip replacement and her ankle fused together. She couldn't do it physically anymore.

She also lives all the way out in St. Charles so I can't rely on her and I have just never been a fan of cooking for one person. I always end up either eating it all when I shouldn't or I end up with leftovers that go to waste. She started culinary school about the time I moved out of the house and I never really got much of a chance to pick up much from her.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Got talked into going to Red Lobster for lunch a few days ago. It was, well, Red Lobster. They have a crab stuffed shrimp rangoon appetizer that was amazing though.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:Got talked into going to Red Lobster for lunch a few days ago. It was, well, Red Lobster. They have a crab stuffed shrimp rangoon appetizer that was amazing though.
I'm going to go ahead and say it, I like Red Lobster.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

CardsofSTL wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:If youre too lazy to make lunch but looking to save money, a loaf of bread, bananas, and jar of peanut butter is probably about $6 total and will feed you for a week.

Bump it up a buck and get Jiff
Crunchy or die.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

stlouie_lipp wrote:
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:Got talked into going to Red Lobster for lunch a few days ago. It was, well, Red Lobster. They have a crab stuffed shrimp rangoon appetizer that was amazing though.
I'm going to go ahead and say it, I like Red Lobster.
Me too, growing up 30 minutes from Peoria as a kid for my birthday I got to pick a place in Peoria for dinner and those places that was one of the spots in my wheelhouse--Red Lobster, Chili's, Chi Chi's.