Re: Dogs in Cars

Post by heyzeus »

That book is stupid.
BottenFieldofDreams
All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

heyzeus wrote:That book is stupid.
Really fails to deliver in the third act.

I thought this might be a rant about dogs left in hot cars. I bet that's a serious thing in Phoenix.
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

You can't tell me that people who have their little yapper dog climbing all over them is a safe way to operate an automobile. Just as dangerous as using an electronic devise IMO.
G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

Speaking of dogs, it's been a couple months since my last rant about other dog owners so here's another.

I cannot understand the obliviousness of some dog owners, I just can't. I am talking about the dog owners who seem to have no sense of personal space or boundaries, and just let their dog insert itself into your situation, as if you and your dogs are just insentient background objects existing only as points of curiosity for their dog. This morning I am coming back from walking my two dogs. As I am entering my front gate, literally turning the key in the knob and holding the heavy metal gate open with one hand while I hold my two dogs leashes with the other, this lady passing by silently approaches and just lets her dog waltz on in to my situation. Naturally, leashes get all tangled up, and then her dog starts attacking one of mine. I pull the dog off, the lady says "I'm sorry," to which I reply, "yeah, you should be." You just invaded our space for what reason exactly? Did this look like a convenient time for you to allow your dog to insert itself into our situation? Do you have eyes in your head? Did I even look at you you, indicate any kind of body language that I want you to come get all up in my business and have a little meet and greet? Can you say even say hello first, and not just silently sidle up next to me as I'm wrangling my dogs into the yard?

"I said I was sorry," she said. "We know your dog they are both the same kind."

"That's great," I said sarcastically, "proceed along!" And I waived her away.

"Fine, have a nice day," she said.

Maybe I am just becoming too misanthropic, but I just cannot comprehend what goes through people's minds.
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

So catty for a dog owner
G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

lukethedrifter wrote:So catty for a dog owner
Lol, it's true. Sometimes I think I need to get out of the city and go live at the end of a dirt road somewhere.