Free National Parks day

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Re: Free National Parks day

Post by Freed Roger »

Missouri's best National Park Service venue is the Ozark National Scenic Riverways. Encompasses the Current and Jack's Fork Rivers. Entry is free all the time. Some reasonable fees if you want to have a float trip outfitted and go into cave at Round Spring. This climate change [expletive] is screwing the tourism in a lot of places with floods, ticks and oppressive heat - but these spring-fed beauties are cool all the time, and not as prone to sustained flooding.

I love the public lands of the US of A. I daresay I love them more than anything else this country has to offer, not to be political in the wrong forum. Visit them, take your kids (like wart!), leave no trace. Advocate for their protection.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Freed Roger wrote:Missouri's best National Park Service venue is the Ozark National Scenic Riverways. Encompasses the Current and Jack's Fork Rivers. Entry is free all the time. Some reasonable fees if you want to have a float trip outfitted and go into cave at Round Spring. This climate change [expletive] is screwing the tourism in a lot of places with floods, ticks and oppressive heat - but these spring-fed beauties are cool all the time, and not as prone to sustained flooding.

I love the public lands of the US of A. I daresay I love them more than anything else this country has to offer, not to be political in the wrong forum. Visit them, take your kids (like wart!), leave no trace. Advocate for their protection.
I love our National Parks system. We try to go at least a couple of times a year to one of the parks in Az.

This will be our next trip:
https://www.arizona-leisure.com/antelope-canyon.html

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Freed Roger wrote:Missouri's best National Park Service venue is the Ozark National Scenic Riverways. Encompasses the Current and Jack's Fork Rivers. Entry is free all the time. Some reasonable fees if you want to have a float trip outfitted and go into cave at Round Spring. This climate change [expletive] is screwing the tourism in a lot of places with floods, ticks and oppressive heat - but these spring-fed beauties are cool all the time, and not as prone to sustained flooding.

I'll second that. Our National Parks are a treasure and definitely the best America has to offer. Missouri has incredible state parks as well. As an Illinoisan I'm jealous.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Every day is Free National Parks day for me.