Covid19 Era 1st World Problems

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Covid19 Era 1st World Problems

Post by Freed Roger »

Covid19 Era 1st World Problems - put them here. trivial as they may seem in the whole scheme of things.

I will start, we are dealing with some cell phone billing issues (sprint) -not service payments, I am current - it is about device and 3rd party charges. They were threatening to shut our phones off.

An Abbott and Costello who's one first fiasco actually. I won't do it here. I dont have it in me.

Good news is, our cell phones aren't getting shut off! Got that clarified. And the disputed charges may possibly be getting fixed.

This may be more of a cautionary tale than anything. Be careful with your phones right now. Getting any issue with phones fixed or replaced could be even more difficult.

Not sure how car repairs are going now. Anybody get stuck on that lately?

Freed Roger

Re: Covid19 Era 1st World Problems

Post by Freed Roger »

Yeah, I know the govt says they won't shut people's services down. But that is not what I was hearing from the obsfucating support team bureacracy.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

January 1, 2020. Found my dream job, finally at age 51.

March 1, 2020. Wife found her dream job. Amazingly in the same town.

For the first time in our 27 years we are happy at the same time with both careers.

I'll be dead by my 52nd birthday.

It was a hell of a ride.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Freed Roger wrote:
March 20 20, 12:24 pm
Covid19 Era 1st World Problems - put them here. trivial as they may seem in the whole scheme of things.

I will start, we are dealing with some cell phone billing issues (sprint) -not service payments, I am current - it is about device and 3rd party charges. They were threatening to shut our phones off.

An Abbott and Costello who's one first fiasco actually. I won't do it here. I dont have it in me.

Good news is, our cell phones aren't getting shut off! Got that clarified. And the disputed charges may possibly be getting fixed.

This may be more of a cautionary tale than anything. Be careful with your phones right now. Getting any issue with phones fixed or replaced could be even more difficult.

Not sure how car repairs are going now. Anybody get stuck on that lately?

Here's some free advice I have given to many friends, family members, coworkers, direct reports, employers, and strangers on the street over the years: Sprint sucks.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

January 1: Retirement begins
January 2-15: Make list of target dates for travel destinations for 2020.
Italy in March; Maine in April; UK/Ireland in May; Midwest/Ballparks trip in Sept; Bar Harbor HS reunion trip in Oct
January 26: Make reservations for Italy trip in March
March 10: Cancel Italy trip; Put others trips on indefinite hold
March 16 - ???: Sheltering in place

Maybe I should’ve worked another year. :-?

Felix The Cat
Perennial All-Star

Post by Felix The Cat »

I know this is the epitome of privilege but things have been really slow at work lately. I'm grateful for still having a (recession-proof?) job but man, has it been boring. The job doesn't allow me to work at home either so I have to drag myself out of bed every morning.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

CardsofSTL wrote:
March 20 20, 2:53 pm

Here's some free advice I have given to many friends, family members, coworkers, direct reports, employers, and strangers on the street over the years: Sprint sucks.
Cards, after hours with support over months, I am an expert at their internal workings, which dept they will bump me too when I get close to accomplishing something. , Their deliberate confusion tactics. I know what the next thing they are going to say, before they say it. It's real people, but Bot-like , purposely programmed to break your will

We had a bunch of [expletive] wrong with our bill, so I try to take one issue at a time. All I needed today was a chat transcript they agreed to send, but did not. to prove their agent agreed to something, and still didn't get taken off my bill. I can tell they can read that transcript and know I am right....and then they hand me off to someone else. Repeat.

Yep, sprint sucks. I liberated my phone from the family plan. Still need to buyout the others, but can't afford them all at once.

My advice - besides avoiding sprint-don't do family plans. No more than 2. You can't manage a fleet of phone services -someone is always replacing a phone, tying you up in a lease. Then all the billing scams go berserk.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

I gained new perspective while I was talking to my mom on the phone tonight. I was complaining that I worked so hard to get where I'm at right now, and things are just falling apart. I thought a minute, and said, 'It's ok though...kind of like I climbed a mountain. What the hell do you do when I got there anyway?'

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

You're right on the family plans Freed.

I've had Verizon for 17 years. They're pricier than most of the other companies but I've never had signal problems and never a wrong bill that I can recall. AT&T is dead to me for their billing shenanigans for the same 17 year period; although that was with home phone and internet. They're all dix.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

Was going to work today later for a while, but can't due to my father-in-law's co-worker testing positive. The last time the woman that tested positive was in his office was March 13th.

I haven't been near f-i-l, since the 9th or so, but my wife and other family were -but no close contact, FWIW.

Anyways, the F-i-L not entirely out of the 14 day woods, but if he stays clear I go back in later tomorrow. on our staggered schedules.

What I do isn't directly essential, but we get by on essential businesses loophole.

Work from home isn't really viable for me - I don't have a 3 screen set up with all the software etc. And protecting client data has made our business oddly brick and mortar again.

The office doesn't want one person going positive and making the place shut down. Which will be the issue in coming days for more essential business. One employee goes positive at grocery store - it likely shuts it down.

My F-I-L though, count him among the obtuse, which makes this hard to contain. He found out about his co-worker yesterday - then was out of the house doing things that don't matter afterwards. Nothing he has going outside of his home is essential.