Skinny John

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Skinny John

Post by lukethedrifter »

He’s not particularly skinny but he shares the same first & last name with a firefighter at a nearby station on the same shift. Thought we should call him Pretty John because that’s how we distinguished the 2 Kennys of the same name, Pretty Kenny and Kenny. The other station calls him Lil John but I thought Skinny John was funnier because it implies that my buddy, the other John, isn’t. And my favorite guy came up with it.

Skinny John works for me. I was looking forward to him joining the crew because I’ve seen him at classes on his own time so i figured he cared about the job, plus he does outdoors stuff etc. And I wasn’t going to let the fact that he’s from Indiana color my impression of him.

Skinny John sucks. Everything* he does is pretty selfish. Firefighting isn’t a great gig for selfish people. It’s definitely a team gig. Be yourself but work together.
*Okay, not everything he does is selfish. He has stepped up to cook so that’s cool. One day he cooked some pork and some veg from his garden. Overtime guy (who usually pays for dinner) asked if he needed anything else from the store to add, eg rice, noodles, taters. No says Skinny John.
At dinner time Skinny John grabs a tupperware container of leftover Mac n cheese out of the fridge and starts chowing down right out of the container without offering anyone else any.

Skinny John plays on his phone during training so that i have to say something to him about it; replies that he already knew that stuff. He didn’t.

Skinny John hadn’t studied the response area thus blows runs yet still doesn’t study the response area.

Last night i civilian came up to the truck to tell him that there was something left on the bumper. Skinny John responded in a very annoyed way instead of saying thanks and checking it out.

Yesterday i asked the crew if anyone listened to any fire service podcasts. Skinny John took a deep breath, “Well I have a two year old at home... blah blah [expletive] blah”. Skinny John was watching Jurassic Park at the time.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the New GDT Master

Re: Skinny John

Post by CardsofSTL »

More like Stinky John

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

D!ckhe@d John

BottenFieldofDreams
All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

I'm not going to pick sides until I know which scene you were interrupting.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Skinny John is going to be more prepared for that dinosaur invasion.

Sucks to hear, having [expletive] co-workers is no bueno.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

I thought this was a rapper cousin to Lil John.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Did i make him sound incredibly irritating? Or does his bio need more work?

CardsofSTL
All Hail the New GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

lukethedrifter wrote:
August 4 20, 6:10 pm
Did i make him sound incredibly irritating? Or does his bio need more work?
Vexing is the word I would use. Then I'd punch him in the nadz

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

What does "blowing a run" entail? Does that mean there's an emergency situation and the truck gets lost on the way?

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

heyzeus wrote:
August 6 20, 9:15 am
What does "blowing a run" entail? Does that mean there's an emergency situation and the truck gets lost on the way?
Pretty much. It means we did not take the most direct route to the emergency incident. Or overshot the target address.