Jersey rant

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Jersey rant

Post by Radbird »

The kid and I have wanted to get authentic jerseys for a long time. Recently MLB shop has been offering some good discounts so we decided to pull the trigger. Nice treat during this [expletive] time we are living through, right?

We ordered the same item - St. Louis Cardinals Nike 2020 Home Authentic Custom Jersey - White. She ordered Yadi, I went with Curt Flood, my childhood hero. Not cheap but with 20% discount we each saved $100. Her order went through with no problems. Mine was cancelled and refunded with no explanation. I called Fanatics and they said it was out of stock. I told them my daughter had ordered the same item on the same day. They checked and said it was indeed in stock but I would have to place a new order since the first one had already been refunded. I did that and the discount had increased to 30% so savings went up to $140 - sweet! When I tried to track the order a couple of days later, found that this one had been cancelled too :-x Another call to Fanatics. They said it was cancelled by the manufacturer and didn’t know why. I asked them to please check with them and let me know what the problem is. Got this email yesterday:
Hello Rad,

Thank you for your inquiry! We wanted to reach out to let you know that the manufacturer is unable to produce your item, as it is in violation of MLB licensing restrictions.

• Retired/former players, player nicknames/full names, fictional characters or team announcers/staff are restricted from customization

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Sincerely,

Rasheda
Fan Advocate - Fan Services and Support
Fanatics - www.fanatics.com
WTF? You can’t get a custom jersey for former players? Seriously? Licensing restrictions?

I am calling on the collective knowledge and wisdom of GRB. Is there any place to have a custom jersey made? I know it would be (much) more costly but at this point I just want a damn jersey.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Re: Jersey rant

Post by cardinalkarp »

Unfortunately you might have to go the Mitchell & Ness route who is licensed to make the retired players jersey’s.

If the make a Flood, it’s not going to be the new Nike jersey of course, it’s going to be the jersey that would be authentic to that time.

Oh yeah, and really expensive if not on sale.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

I know a bot that can hook you up.

Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

sounds like somebody needs to get a different jersey to honor a different person with the last name of FL00D

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

Call the Cardinals Team Store. They'll take care of you.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Sounds really weird. How did I get that Musial 1980's pullover jersey?

ndistops
All-Star

Post by ndistops »

CardsofSTL wrote:
August 7 20, 6:33 pm
Did you customize it or did you get it from a Mitchell & Ness or whatever?

If it was a licensed Musial jersey, that's a separate deal than creating one on the team store (which I'm guessing you wouldn't be able to do with his name either).

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

ndistops wrote:
August 10 20, 9:28 am
CardsofSTL wrote:
August 7 20, 6:33 pm
Did you customize it or did you get it from a Mitchell & Ness or whatever?

If it was a licensed Musial jersey, that's a separate deal than creating one on the team store (which I'm guessing you wouldn't be able to do with his name either).
Aaah I am enlightened.