Mental Exhaustion

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Re: Mental Exhaustion

Post by GeddyWrox »

Thanks man.

Doggos are the best. Humans really kinda don't deserve them.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

[expletive]! I'm having a bad day. I should be thankful but I am sick of everything. Sick of this world.

GeddyWrox

Post by GeddyWrox »

I hear ya FB. It really sucks.

The sad part is this is (at least partially) by design. The current administration is sewing discord to exhaust us all so that we shut down, and they can continue to get away with all their BS.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

I've really been struggling with lockdown, and everything else too. My dog has had a bunch of personality changes recently, none of them good, so I presume something bigger and more unpleasant is coming soon. I still have a job, and it's a pretty good one, but I'm struggling to find anything positive about life at the moment.

I decided to get some chemical help, but every doctor in St Louis is not accepting new patients with my insurance, or isn't answering their phone. I'm only glad I'm not sat at the phone with darker thoughts in my mind, because the experience of trying to find a doctor to just answer my damn call is enough to make me give up.

All I can say is, I'm sorry you're in this state. I hope you're getting any help you may need, and have good people around you.

GeddyWrox

Post by GeddyWrox »

Thanks Mort. I'm a little better than a few weeks ago. Meds are helping my dog right now too so that's a relief. I still feel like the political climate is a slow motion hostage crisis though. The thought of what October, November and December will be like is totally stressing me out. I spend my leisure time researching how to move to Canada, looking at tech jobs in different cities, helping my daughter look at colleges in different Canadian cities, etc. If America chooses hate over decency, I'm done.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

I went to my new doctor yesterday and got some prozac - I took it briefly in my late 20s, but I feel a lot worse now than I did then. I've been able to concentrate a little better recently, as I read my first book in months earlier this week (The Numbers Game by Alan Schwarz, highly recommended).

I keep hoping there's a breaking point for Trump supporters, though. Like, how bad does he have to get before they decide it's not worth it any more? But I keep thinking about that headline, "the cruelty is the point", and look at what happened yesterday, where the only thing the police officer was charged with was the bullets that didn't murder a completely innocent person, in bed in their own home, and think...these people want a civil war. They want us to rise up so they can justify killing us en masse.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

It's really hitting me this morning. I don't know.

That is all.

GeddyWrox

Post by GeddyWrox »

I feel you guys. Very little to be hopeful about these days. Pull your loved ones in tight and give them hugs. That's about all I can do anymore.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

Boy oh boy, I know things suck....but I definitely try not to let it bother me like that. There's very little of this garbage going on that is in my own control, and I do what I can to make the world a better place....and that's all I can do.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

cardinalkarp wrote:
September 25 20, 4:51 pm
Boy oh boy, I know things suck....but I definitely try not to let it bother me like that. There's very little of this garbage going on that is in my own control, and I do what I can to make the world a better place....and that's all I can do.
That's where I'm at. I have this teeny-tiny space in this world and I'm trying to make the best of it and not let the outside noise ruin my day(s).