Gateway Redbirds

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Gateway Redbirds

Post by Leroy »

So I said I'd post my thoughts here. So here.

A couple of years ago, we wondered where a lot of posters went. I know the answer to several. I don't care what side of the discussion you are on there is a 'blood in the water' type of thing that happens. We all know that. I have even left for a long time, but I don't really care anymore. And I'm as guilty as anyone, but I'm trying to work on it.

What I don't get is being happy when people get frustrated and leave. I mean, if you just want to talk to people that 100% agree with you, texting or calling should do it. There is no need to have a forum for it. The people paying for this and spending time on it are wasting both.

This does not just apply to politics, where it could be easily understood. But social, and man even baseball gets bad sometimes. Some of the best baseball posters have left for bigger and better, I know that. But some have just thrown their hands in the air and said to hell with it. And I understand.

But if diversity of thought is a good thing, and I think it is, maybe we could be a little less jerky about it when a different opinion is expressed?

If you were hoping that this was my farewell, sorry, it isn't.
Last edited by Leroy on September 30 21, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: Gateway Rebirds

Post by Jocephus »

define happy

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Leroy wrote:
September 30 21, 9:05 am

Good.

Leroy

Post by Leroy »

Happy - feeling or showing pleasure or contentment.
"Melissa came in looking happy and excited"

Leroy

Post by Leroy »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
September 30 21, 9:58 am
Leroy wrote:
September 30 21, 9:05 am

Good.
Like in Wayne's World...'Cause I got no place else to go!!'

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i dont buy that people are happy. i dont think people are clicking their heels and popping champagne after reading someone's "last post". maybe 1 or 2 people are but to apply that to the whole forum is not fair to me.

i've overreacted and/or been in "heated conversations" here, i've taken breaks and you know what? no one cares. it's like that scene in jurassic park when nedry meets with the competitor who is acting all secretive and nedry goes

i can appreciate you not wanting people to leave, same with me but i ain't gonna drag the forum down either. at best, GRB/forums are a microcosm of society and there's something applicable. it's also a place people visit when they take a [expletive].

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

I'd prefer that nobody leave. And I'm a conflict-averse person in general so I don't really like arguing much. I'm one of those "let's just all get along and be friends" people I guess.

Leroy

Post by Leroy »

I guess I just think about why we came here to begin with. Cards Talk was toxic. Terrible. This place was a breath of fresh air.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i still think GRB is way better than CT. additionally, karps departure was definitely related to a *politics* forum/discussion. politics is nuts and in our increasing hyperized society, it easily gets out of control. as far as we know, he wasn't asked to leave or even stop his point of view posts. he made a choice and is not bound to it either.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Jocephus wrote:
September 30 21, 10:34 am
i still think GRB is way better than CT. additionally, karps departure was definitely related to a *politics* forum/discussion. politics is nuts and in our increasing hyperized society, it easily gets out of control. as far as we know, he wasn't asked to leave or even stop his point of view posts. he made a choice and is not bound to it either.
I can confirm he was not asked to leave or banned or anything of the sort by a moderator. In fact, this thread is where I learned he left. I've been avoiding the Covid threads because it's been hard to read them.