Misusing Tools

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Misusing Tools

Post by vinsanity »

I have a specific peeve that's a huge first world problem but more generally it's misusing productivity tools.

Why the [expletive] are you @ing me in a slack dm? I'm already getting notified of your message, it's just you and me so why do you need @ me? It's not like I get notified twice. It's just demonstrating you don't understand how Slack [expletive] works and it's a distraction and waste of my time. When I see @[slack handle] notification, it would only make sense someone is mentioning me in a public channel that requires my attention. @ing someone in a slack DM would be like sitting next to them, telling them you're going to send them an email; hear the email sound on their laptop then turn around and ask them if they received your email.

It extrapolates out to other tools but that's the easiest example I have. [expletive] people. Learn the basics of your tools.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Re: Misusing Tools

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Sorry @vinsanity That's rough.

ekkdil
Single A Minor League Player

Post by ekkdil »

What time does Raising Cane’s open? When does Raising Cane’s close? Regular hours may vary by location, but this schedule is common to many restaurants. Get raising canes holiday hours here.

TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

Post by TGantz »

ekkdil wrote:
November 3 22, 1:32 am
What time does Raising Cane’s open? When does Raising Cane’s close? Regular hours may vary by location, but this schedule is common to many restaurants. Get raising canes holiday hours here.
Sir this is a Wendy's.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

I obviously banned the bot, but no denying a useful tool to know when those sweet chicken fingers are available.

Well, I also deleted the link since no one should ever accidentally click a bot link. But still!

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

TGantz wrote:
November 3 22, 7:28 am
ekkdil wrote:
November 3 22, 1:32 am
Sir this is a Wendy's.
HA!

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

heyzeus wrote:
November 3 22, 9:07 am
I obviously banned the bot, but no denying a useful tool to know when those sweet chicken fingers are available.

Well, I also deleted the link since no one should ever accidentally click a bot link. But still!
No Raising Cane’s up in my neck of the woods <<sigh>>

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Radbird wrote:
November 3 22, 5:37 pm
heyzeus wrote:
November 3 22, 9:07 am

No Raising Cane’s up in my neck of the woods <<sigh>>
You can feast upon their breaded goodness every 14 miles as you tour Ohio next Spring on your road trips.

Donnie Ebert
Perennial All-Star

Post by Donnie Ebert »

TMNT-obsessed 1990 me would've been excited to learn that we were only a few decades away from the .ninja domain (after learning about the whole internet in general, of course).