"Tactical Urban Vehicles"

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer

Re: "Tactical Urban Vehicles"

Post by Arthur Dent »

G. Keenan wrote:
January 24 23, 1:59 pm
I would take that $200 - $500k and just relocate myself to a country without insane levels of violence.
What is the intersection of people who can afford to buy those with people who actually face a significant threat from violence?

I feel like fear of violence among upper income Americans is mostly just displaced anxiety about privilege you know deep down is unfair and unearned.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Arthur Dent wrote:
January 24 23, 2:19 pm
I feel like fear of violence among upper income Americans is mostly just displaced anxiety about privilege you know deep down is unfair and unearned.
Yup. Pure misdirected anxiety. The urge to isolate rather than build community writ large in vehicle form.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

thrill wrote:
January 24 23, 2:35 pm
Arthur Dent wrote:
Yup. Pure misdirected anxiety. The urge to isolate rather than build community writ large in vehicle form.
Apropros of nothing:
You really gotta be a giant baby if you're afraid of going to a Cardinals or Blues game. There are tens of thousands of potential witnesses and cops on every corner. You ain't getting Knockout Gamed.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

Arthur Dent wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:
January 24 23, 1:59 pm
I would take that $200 - $500k and just relocate myself to a country without insane levels of violence.
What is the intersection of people who can afford to buy those with people who actually face a significant threat from violence?

This is why you end up with middle aged dudes with beer bellies and cargo shorts cosplaying militia in their cul-de-sacs when some urban area 30 miles away is having a protest.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Out of shape tactical guy is one of my all-time favorite guys to see in the wild. Any chance I get to see a dad bod underneath a 5.11 tac shirt with a million bulging ammo and knife pockets is a delight. A bonus visual is their wives typically have incredible 90's hair helmets.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

I can't imagine being this scared every day. Just god tier pansies.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

heyzeus wrote:
January 25 23, 10:01 am
I can't imagine being this scared every day. Just god tier pansies.
It's called freedom, zeus.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

I know a guy who was car jacked with a bag put over his head, then pistol whipped and left for dead under an overpass leaving a Cardinals game. This was summer of 2018.

But... In general, being scared to attend a Cards or Blues game or concert is dumb for the most part.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Growing up in an extremely conservative millennial Christian community, I know who will buy these. I’ve been inside a couple pretty amazing stocked secret second basements. It’s a weird fear/violence-fantasy extremely righteous boner these people have.

I just worry all those features will interfere with their rapturing.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
January 25 23, 12:26 pm
Growing up in an extremely conservative millennial Christian community, I know who will buy these. I’ve been inside a couple pretty amazing stocked secret second basements. It’s a weird fear/violence-fantasy extremely righteous boner these people have.

I just worry all those features will interfere with their rapturing.
Same, but if they're right, I know where to go to loot for my survival needs as one of the left behind. They'll be gone and won't need it, right?