Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Re: I'm completely exhausted with everything

Post by Radbird »

IMADreamer wrote:
February 24 23, 10:24 pm
Leroy wrote:
February 24 23, 9:49 am
I am not making light of this. I've been there. We all have.

When I'm there I am so glad I have something as seemingly meaningless as my fiddle to help me get out.

I'm not saying everyone needs to do music, just something you really like to do. Helps to forget about the crap for awhile.
I do play bass guitar and I've been slacking off a bit lately because my hands are giving me some trouble but I agree that losing myself in music is a great way to unwind.
I really need to get my dad’s instruments out - 2 guitars, a banjo, a tenor harp (looks just like a banjo but all wood) and a tenor guitar. Something I had planned to focus on in retirement. I have hand issues too (Dupuytren's contracture) but I’m sure there are still simple things I could learn - not looking to play for anyone but myself. I’m such a dumbass and need to get over whatever is preventing me from doing this.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Here is an example how BS is just unavoidable. I hired this guy to help at my side business and the job is cake. I need him to sandblast parts, and pack things for shipping. Other than that I don't give a [expletive] what he does as long as those two things are done he can watch netflix all day for all I care. He can't even do that. Then he starts no showing. Then suddenly every time I have a dr appointment or somewhere I need to be, he does too. This leaves the other guy I've hired to kind of do everything. He really doesn't have time because he's kind of my lead fabricator.

I've been pretty flexible but last week I really needed the new guy to be there because we were getting a load of steel in and it would have to be unloaded with the forklift. To back up a bit I have pneumonia right now and did a short stint in the hospital last week. My fabricator had to take his wife to her cancer doctor, which we had planned out a good six weeks in advance. At 8am in my hospital bed I get a call and I see who it's from. Right away I know this mother [expletive] is calling out sick. So I don't answer, So since I didn't answer jackass goes to work then proceeds to call me six times. Finally in the hospital I answer. He is putting on his best I'm sick act and I kind of unloaded on him. I said the one day I really need you and you can't be here. I told him to go home and he better have a doctors note when he gets back.

Well the next day his mom shows up, let me rewind a bit again, this guy 46 years old and his mom shows up to defend him. She is telling me how sick he is and he can't even get out of bed. I look outside and he's in the passenger seat of the F'n car. I ask if he's so sick in bed why is he right there? She says well the bank won't cash his check without him being there. Anyway he was so sick he was posting all over facebook that he was fishing and at the bar this weekend.

Flash forward to today, no note from the doctor but he tells me how sick he is that he couldn't get into the doctor, which is a lie. So I told him to go home and take the day to decide if he wants to work here any more because I'm fed up.

Again, the [expletive] is just unavoidable. This guy has an easy job, gets paid decent, and yet I still have to deal with his drama and [expletive] daily. Ok, sorry no one is ready that wall of [expletive]. I'm just tired of everything. Literally everything is on hard mode and I'm tired of it.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Fire his ass. Nobody needs that much aggravation.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

IMADreamer wrote:
March 13 23, 9:21 pm
Here is an example how BS is just unavoidable. I hired this guy to help at my side business and the job is cake. I need him to sandblast parts, and pack things for shipping. Other than that I don't give a [expletive] what he does as long as those two things are done he can watch netflix all day for all I care. He can't even do that. Then he starts no showing. Then suddenly every time I have a dr appointment or somewhere I need to be, he does too. This leaves the other guy I've hired to kind of do everything. He really doesn't have time because he's kind of my lead fabricator.

I've been pretty flexible but last week I really needed the new guy to be there because we were getting a load of steel in and it would have to be unloaded with the forklift. To back up a bit I have pneumonia right now and did a short stint in the hospital last week. My fabricator had to take his wife to her cancer doctor, which we had planned out a good six weeks in advance. At 8am in my hospital bed I get a call and I see who it's from. Right away I know this mother [expletive] is calling out sick. So I don't answer, So since I didn't answer jackass goes to work then proceeds to call me six times. Finally in the hospital I answer. He is putting on his best I'm sick act and I kind of unloaded on him. I said the one day I really need you and you can't be here. I told him to go home and he better have a doctors note when he gets back.

Well the next day his mom shows up, let me rewind a bit again, this guy 46 years old and his mom shows up to defend him. She is telling me how sick he is and he can't even get out of bed. I look outside and he's in the passenger seat of the F'n car. I ask if he's so sick in bed why is he right there? She says well the bank won't cash his check without him being there. Anyway he was so sick he was posting all over facebook that he was fishing and at the bar this weekend.

Flash forward to today, no note from the doctor but he tells me how sick he is that he couldn't get into the doctor, which is a lie. So I told him to go home and take the day to decide if he wants to work here any more because I'm fed up.

Again, the [expletive] is just unavoidable. This guy has an easy job, gets paid decent, and yet I still have to deal with his drama and [expletive] daily. Ok, sorry no one is ready that wall of [expletive]. I'm just tired of everything. Literally everything is on hard mode and I'm tired of it.
aww he had a mommy note.

Fire the dbag.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
March 13 23, 9:27 pm
Fire his ass. Nobody needs that much aggravation.
Don't hate.

But yeah; tell him to gather up his [expletive]; and get the [expletive] out.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

There is a category of people out there who really do not give a [expletive]. I'm always amazed by how much effort they put into avoiding work while staying just enough in their employer's good graces not to get fired. Seems easier to me to just actually do the work but what do I know.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

G. Keenan wrote:
March 14 23, 1:04 pm
There is a category of people out there who really do not give a [expletive]. I'm always amazed by how much effort they put into avoiding work while staying just enough in their employer's good graces not to get fired. Seems easier to me to just actually do the work but what do I know.
It seems like that's a rather large group too. I swear this guy puts more effort getting out of work.

Anyway he gone. The old fella that helps me goes "nothing of value was lost." lol I told him I was sorry if it puts a little more on him and he said "don't worry about me. I'll find someone else to help out. It just may take a bit.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

I told my boys growing up: when you get a job if you 1. show up five minutes early clean and ready to work, 2. do what you are asked to do and 3. don't make them ask you twice - if you do those three things, you're better than 95% of the other help and most employers will consider you invaluable.

They've told me more than once I was right.