Cats

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Maclowery
Child Pot Activist

Re: Cats

Post by Maclowery »

I love dogs. I love dogs more than cats. I also love cats.

I can't have a dog. I grew up with dogs who, due to my parents 3 acre property just out of town, were able to run around (well-trained to not run off) at will, without a leash. Josie, my childhood dog, basically was only inside with us when she was ready to sleep (or if it was bitter cold).

If I had a dog in my present abode, I would be heart broken. I'm rarely home, my house is on a corner lot in a busy residential area, and my poor pooch would be desperately bored sitting around waiting for me to take him for a walk once a day.

On the other hand, my six month old kitten is perfect. I'm gone a lot, so he has the opportunity to tear the [expletive] out of all my stuff. When I'm home, he is either playful and fun, playful and annoying, or sleepy and cute. Two out of three ain't bad.

Basically, for a bachelor, the cat is a better fit than a dog. Once I'm hitched, and can share dog-attention duty with the lady, hell yes it's time for a damned dog. And a real dog, not some lap-sitting yipping rat thing. Dogs should be hard to pick up. Anything smaller, just get a damned cat.

Tambourine Man
accepts no jimitators

Post by Tambourine Man »

We had 2 growing up, and I really have no fond memories of either one. The whole box [expletive] thing is disgusting, unless you're a small dog that lives in Chicago. Then, it's cool to [expletive] in an astroturf box...OUTSIDE!

Anyway, there are at least 10 crazy cat people on this forum.

http://gatewayredbirds.com/forum/viewto ... =4&t=36718

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

Tambourine Man wrote:We had 2 growing up, and I really have no fond memories of either one. The whole box [expletive] thing is disgusting, unless you're a small dog that lives in Chicago. Then, it's cool to [expletive] in an astroturf box...OUTSIDE!

I'm a little bit disturbed by jim's eagerness to try human meat in that thread.

Leroy
a bad penny always turns up
Location: Hanging out with my redneck, white socks and Blue Ribbon beer.

Post by Leroy »

JL21 wrote:
Tambourine Man wrote:We had 2 growing up, and I really have no fond memories of either one. The whole box [expletive] thing is disgusting, unless you're a small dog that lives in Chicago. Then, it's cool to [expletive] in an astroturf box...OUTSIDE!

I'm a little bit disturbed by jim's eagerness to try human meat in that thread.
If this is the first time jim has disturbed you, I'm a little disturbed myself.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

cats rule, dogs drool

Leroy

Post by Leroy »

I don't get cat hate. Actually, I don't get any animal hate. We had been married for quite awhile when it was clear that we weren't going to have kids. We had a talk about pets. At that point in our life there was no way we could have a dog, we were running around every weekend. So we chose a cat.

I will never forget on September 11, coming home for lunch, and Cosmo bounding down the stairs like nothing had happened. I would give anything to have that innocence.

And our cats don't run around on our food places. We trained them to not.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Cats are great. Dogs are just better.

Leroy

Post by Leroy »

thrill wrote:Cats are great. Dogs are just better.
I guess I can live with that scientific evaluation.

Molly
Perennial All-Star

Post by Molly »

Cats are awesome!!!

Molly
Perennial All-Star

Post by Molly »

G. Keenan wrote:I know this will offend many, as it should, but what is the point of cats? I don't get their appeal. 99% of the time they ignore you. They are indifferent to your presence unless they want something from you like food or a scratch someplace they can't get at themselves. The 1% of the time they do pay attention to you is usually when you are not paying attention to them and focusing on something else, which drives them crazy causing them to walk all over your keyboard, stick their butt in your face, etc. Or, when you do pet them, they refuse to let you stop until they've decided they've had enough, at which point they often bite you and run away. No matter what "rules" you have for them they do whatever the [expletive] they want. You can bet while you're out of the house they are walking all over the counters, tables, etc. This animal craps in a box, necessitating that you maintain a crap-filled box somewhere in your house, paws around in that crap-box, then walks all over your food preparation area yet somehow they have a reputation for being clean. If they're mad at you for whatever inscrutable reason they will take it out by crapping somewhere inconvenient for you as a lesson. Their food smells bad, always giving your house the faint but ever-present smell of cats. If they piss or puke somewhere, forget it, might as well throw that thing out. Their hair gets on everything. You can't take them for walks, or to the park, or wrestle with them, or go camping with them. All they do is sleep and pad around the house in their own little world. Occasionally you can dangle a string in front of them or watch them chase a shadow around, which is fun for about 10 minutes, but then they go back to resenting you and wishing they lived elsewhere.

I'm not saying that I hate your cats. If I come to your house I will play with your cats, say nice things about them, and accept your decision to have these sociopaths in your home, but I can't understand it.