that might not have been 100% true. I am going off somethign I heard and can't find the exact quote.Fat Strat wrote:Kids never gonna make it with that kind of attitude.
Oscar Taveras
-
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
- "I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
- Posts: 27563
- Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
- Location: Thinking of the Children
Re: Oscar Taveras
-
Fat Strat
- Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie
- Posts: 28010
- Joined: April 17 06, 9:16 pm
- Location: No. 16 on the Cards Top 15 Prospect List
Re: Oscar Taveras
Is this board now incapable of recognizing snark?
That's a great attitude for Miller to have. It goes against what Duncan preaches, but it's the right approach... assuming he can keep his pitch counts down to make it deep into games.
That's a great attitude for Miller to have. It goes against what Duncan preaches, but it's the right approach... assuming he can keep his pitch counts down to make it deep into games.
-
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
- "I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
- Posts: 27563
- Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
- Location: Thinking of the Children
Re: Oscar Taveras
No I understood it. I just didn't want to put something out there as gospel when I can't find it now.
I have been searching all morning and have heard him a couple times say the contrary (regarding how he feels about getting guys out) and his goal is 1 pitch 1 out. But if he has 2 strikes then 'might as well go ahead and strike him out. I love to strike people out.'
The approach is correct. And, I agree, it's a great approach.
I have been searching all morning and have heard him a couple times say the contrary (regarding how he feels about getting guys out) and his goal is 1 pitch 1 out. But if he has 2 strikes then 'might as well go ahead and strike him out. I love to strike people out.'
The approach is correct. And, I agree, it's a great approach.
-
ThreeAces
- Veteran Player
- Posts: 851
- Joined: April 30 06, 6:57 pm
Re: Oscar Taveras
http://www.kfns.com/TheKingsCourt.aspxAWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:No I understood it. I just didn't want to put something out there as gospel when I can't find it now.
I have been searching all morning and have heard him a couple times say the contrary (regarding how he feels about getting guys out) and his goal is 1 pitch 1 out. But if he has 2 strikes then 'might as well go ahead and strike him out. I love to strike people out.'
The approach is correct. And, I agree, it's a great approach.
Slaten's interview with Shelby is on page 6.
- themiddle54
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4524
- Joined: August 24 10, 2:49 pm
Re: Oscar Taveras
Kevin Goldstein wrote:Oscar Taveras, OF, Cardinals (Low-A Quad Cities): 3-for-5, 2B, 3 R, 5 RBI, BB. A ridiculous 23-for-39 (.590) in his last nine games and .396/.440/.585 overall; becoming the guy I'm regretting not putting on the Top 50 with each passing day.
- themiddle54
- Perennial All-Star
- Posts: 4524
- Joined: August 24 10, 2:49 pm
Re: Oscar Taveras
2 hits and counting tonight, w/ a single and a ground-rule double.
- Cronos
- In perpetuum
- Posts: 34778
- Joined: June 30 06, 7:49 am
- Location: St. Louis
Re: Oscar Taveras
Currently hitting .405.
How's his defense? Any chance he pulls a Matt Adams and skips Palm Beach to keep his hot hitting up in the Texas league?
How's his defense? Any chance he pulls a Matt Adams and skips Palm Beach to keep his hot hitting up in the Texas league?
-
Fat Strat
- Official GRB Sponsor of Larry Bigbie
- Posts: 28010
- Joined: April 17 06, 9:16 pm
- Location: No. 16 on the Cards Top 15 Prospect List
Re: Oscar Taveras
He's just 19. I doubt they will rush him, especially since he's missed so much time with injury. He has less than 190 pa's this season.Cronos69 wrote:Currently hitting .405.![]()
How's his defense? Any chance he pulls a Matt Adams and skips Palm Beach to keep his hot hitting up in the Texas league?
- Cronos
- In perpetuum
- Posts: 34778
- Joined: June 30 06, 7:49 am
- Location: St. Louis
Re: Oscar Taveras
Forgot about the injury, good point.Fat Strat wrote:He's just 19. I doubt they will rush him, especially since he's missed so much time with injury. He has less than 190 pa's this season.
- pioneer98
- Hall Of Famer
- Posts: 22007
- Joined: July 15 08, 8:24 pm
- Location: High A Minors
Re: Oscar Taveras
Oscar continues to rake. Tonight he was 3 for 5, 2R, 3RBI, with a double.

