2011 WS Game 6 in perpetuum

Classic threads for your viewing pleasure.
Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

2011 WS Game 6 in perpetuum

Post by Freed Roger »

2 weeks ago this night.

Just finished rewatching this game. ($2 via Itunes and you own it). I tell you, I'm a jaded old goat, but I still got tense and had goosebumps at moments during the rewatch.

It will stand the test of time with the drama. Nuanced in so many ways. The errors and sloppy play early? Just sand for the oyster to make the pearl.

What the hell, Garcia allowed the first 3 on to start the first - it looked like it could be ballgame right there. Beltre's AB includes a missed meat pitch and lasts about 5 minutes before the K. 2 out homer by Berkman. 2nd inning, a huge double play 3rd to 1st on the bunt-something you don't see too often.

So many details to take in on this game, especially on the tail of game 5 theatre. Carp seems loose as a goose on the bench...until Punto loses the bat and damn near takes him out. David Freese misses a foul ball by the dugout which he had a shot at -which doesn't hurt the Cards as Hamilton still whiffs -but it is still relevant knowing that in game 7 Freese gets the same foul ball and makes the play (which I don't think happens without this game 6 miss).

Holy crap, Rangers could have blown this open any number of innings. With the errors, impending doom hangs over the Cardinals at almost all moments. WTF -Ron Washington lets Colby Lewis bat in the 5th with the bases jammed. HAHAHA>

after Pujols groundout in inning 7 Rangers lead 7 -4 -out hit the Cardinals 12 to 3. Not looking good at all

The written in the stars [expletive] -no kidding. I'll stop there.

As I said, nuanced as can be. Full of big plays and almosts at every turn. The foxsports production was superb- from Buck & McCarver laying off where need be, to some excellent film work and cut aways - just enough praying anquished fans, just enough cute lady fans, just enough Nolan Ryan, just enough close ups of player and coach emotion, just enough everything. More than enough Ole Abner.

Living in the past already- well screw it - you owe it to yourselves as Cardinal fans to watch this game repeatedly.

Soupsgrill
Everyday Player

Re: 2011 WS Game 6 in perpetuum

Post by Soupsgrill »

I have all ready pre-ordered the complete dvd set. It will be shipped on 12/6/11.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Does that complete DVD set include the playoffs?

Soupsgrill
Everyday Player

Post by Soupsgrill »

I believe it is all the WS games and a bonus DVD of hightlights. It is on the Cardinals website from A & E.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

Search itunes - they are all on there for $2 a game NLDS, NLCS, WS>

for some reason, watching it on my laptop - it has a Sabol-NFL film-like quality.

NDark
Veteran Player

Post by NDark »

Soupsgrill wrote:I believe it is all the WS games and a bonus DVD of hightlights. It is on the Cardinals website from A & E.
In the 2006 box set they included game 7 of the NLCS. I wish they would've included Game 5 of the NLDS but I guess that is what happens when the series goes 7 games.

It is presaling on Amazon at $51.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

Freed Roger wrote:2 weeks ago this night.

Just finished rewatching this game. ($2 via Itunes and you own it). I tell you, I'm a jaded old goat, but I still got tense and had goosebumps at moments during the rewatch.

It will stand the test of time with the drama. Nuanced in so many ways. The errors and sloppy play early? Just sand for the oyster to make the pearl.

What the hell, Garcia allowed the first 3 on to start the first - it looked like it could be ballgame right there. Beltre's AB includes a missed meat pitch and lasts about 5 minutes before the K. 2 out homer by Berkman. 2nd inning, a huge double play 3rd to 1st on the bunt-something you don't see too often.

So many details to take in on this game, especially on the tail of game 5 theatre. Carp seems loose as a goose on the bench...until Punto loses the bat and damn near takes him out. David Freese misses a foul ball by the dugout which he had a shot at -which doesn't hurt the Cards as Hamilton still whiffs -but it is still relevant knowing that in game 7 Freese gets the same foul ball and makes the play (which I don't think happens without this game 6 miss).

Holy crap, Rangers could have blown this open any number of innings. With the errors, impending doom hangs over the Cardinals at almost all moments. WTF -Ron Washington lets Colby Lewis bat in the 5th with the bases jammed. HAHAHA>

after Pujols groundout in inning 7 Rangers lead 7 -4 -out hit the Cardinals 12 to 3. Not looking good at all

The written in the stars [expletive] -no kidding. I'll stop there.

As I said, nuanced as can be. Full of big plays and almosts at every turn. The foxsports production was superb- from Buck & McCarver laying off where need be, to some excellent film work and cut aways - just enough praying anquished fans, just enough cute lady fans, just enough Nolan Ryan, just enough close ups of player and coach emotion, just enough everything. More than enough Ole Abner.

Living in the past already- well screw it - you owe it to yourselves as Cardinal fans to watch this game repeatedly.
Well put, and I agree. I haven't watched the entire game, but I have a nice two minute summary of the radio calls set to music that I listen to constantly.

MrSaigon

Post by MrSaigon »

Thanks for the tip on iTunes. Purchasing now.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

Random:
On second view, I don't have near the disdain for Holliday as I had in the heat of the moment -game 6.

He completely botched that popup that every little leauger in the world knew was the OFer's ball...but his slide the next inning to take out Andrus was hardass great baseball at one of many pivotal moments, And he had a good AB or two for drawing walks. And the angst I felt over the pickoff at 3rd base - it was just a great play by Napoli and Beltre -tip your cap.

10th inning when Beltre goes into stands after Descalso foul. He makes a cute moment by patting a young cardinal fan on the head. Then you hear a loud voice nearby go "you missed it! haha!"

And got to hand it to Fox, they had good gratuitous fanshots like this to capture the mood
[SHOW]

and of course, the Freese in the 9th, it was just shocking. Like an answer to a prayer. I'll never forget it - I had a little AM radio on KMOX up to my ear which was my superstitious habit and heard it go down first, then I stifled my [expletive] eating grin from my wife and friend until it unfolded on TV and then went bonkers.
[SHOW]

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

Freed Roger wrote:And got to hand it to Fox, they had good gratuitous fanshots like this to capture the mood
One of these gratuitous fanshots caused a mini-fight when my girlfriend correctly surmised that I paused and rewound because they zoomed in on someone I had hooked up with at some point. Never reply to that direct question with non-answer details such as, "she's like best friends with my sister at Mizzou" and "I've only met her once."

If you don't say yes or no, then the question is going to happen again, and when you eventually answer in the affirmative it's going to sound a whole lot worse -- this isn't a conversation that you want to have during the greatest baseball game of all time.