Best Damned Health Care Anywhere!

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Re: Best Damned Health Care Anywhere!

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

IMADreamer wrote:
Diddy wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:ah sniff sniff. meanwhile on the poor side of town someone just died.
How bout taking that one million you said your dad gets on farm payments and giving it to pay medical bills for the poor?
or how about he invest it in his farm which he does which employees people and provides them with health insurance? or how about instead of the govt giving out subsidies to farms, big oil, big pharma, and everyone else under the sun we just do UHC?

I'm not for subsidies either although if they are out there and you can get them you better. Farmers can take care of them selves. Most won't be able to but it will be like the 1980s when half of all farms went under and they got gobbled up by bigger farms. Same thing will happen. Of course your food prices will go up in the process. I'll bet you'd hate that. Of course if food prices go up that means even less people will be able to afford health care so we better have UHC at that point.
Not to be an ass..... but weren't you the one saying how much you hated it when people assumed you had too much money and here you attack diddy knowing nothing other than his wife's salary has gone down $30K as having too much of it?

You can't have it both ways. Also, a doctorate doesn't necessarily mean MD. There are plenty of practitioners and PAs out there making less than 90K right now which might not be exactly raking in the dough when you're paying for 7-8 years of school

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:
Diddy wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:ah sniff sniff. meanwhile on the poor side of town someone just died.
How bout taking that one million you said your dad gets on farm payments and giving it to pay medical bills for the poor?
or how about he invest it in his farm which he does which employees people and provides them with health insurance? or how about instead of the govt giving out subsidies to farms, big oil, big pharma, and everyone else under the sun we just do UHC?

I'm not for subsidies either although if they are out there and you can get them you better. Farmers can take care of them selves. Most won't be able to but it will be like the 1980s when half of all farms went under and they got gobbled up by bigger farms. Same thing will happen. Of course your food prices will go up in the process. I'll bet you'd hate that. Of course if food prices go up that means even less people will be able to afford health care so we better have UHC at that point.
Not to be an ass..... but weren't you the one saying how much you hated it when people assumed you had too much money and here you attack diddy knowing nothing other than his wife's salary has gone down $30K as having too much of it?

You can't have it both ways. Also, a doctorate doesn't necessarily mean MD. There are plenty of practitioners and PAs out there making less than 90K right now which might not be exactly raking in the dough when you're paying for 7-8 years of school
You know what you are right and I apologize. Sorry Diddy, I did assume and paint you with a broad brush.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

You two get fired up quickly! It happens when personal lives/decisions get attacked.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

I had 2 minor out-patient surgeries 2 years ago, I have insurance through my work, but it has been slashed significantly the last 3 years. I just now paid off the last of the bills form those surgeries. I sure could have found a much better use for that money, and if I was really poor, or really rich, I wouldn't have struggled the way I did.

vinsanity
Chili dog truther

Post by vinsanity »

wart57 wrote:I had 2 minor out-patient surgeries 2 years ago, I have insurance through my work, but it has been slashed significantly the last 3 years. I just now paid off the last of the bills form those surgeries. I sure could have found a much better use for that money, and if I was really poor, or really rich, I wouldn't have struggled the way I did.
I had an insurance company (try to) refuse to pay for a tumor resection cause it was life threatening.

It's not like cancer kills people right?

IMADreamer

Post by IMADreamer »

wart57 wrote:I had 2 minor out-patient surgeries 2 years ago, I have insurance through my work, but it has been slashed significantly the last 3 years. I just now paid off the last of the bills form those surgeries. I sure could have found a much better use for that money, and if I was really poor, or really rich, I wouldn't have struggled the way I did.
As I said it's the people in the middle who get screwed. Unless you don't have kids then you get screwed either way. I know a while back I shared the story and asked how to help some poor friends of mine who couldn't get medicaid because they don't have children. I personally think that sucks. If you need help you need help.

Oh well. The only solution is to tear the entire system down and start over. Of course that will never happen.

JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls

Post by JackofDiamonds »

TED NUGENT!

IMADreamer

Post by IMADreamer »

vinsanity wrote:
I had an insurance company (try to) refuse to pay for a tumor resection cause it was life threatening.

It's not like cancer kills people right?
Cancer doesn't kill people. People kill people. You know the people on the death panels at your friendly insurance company.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

JackofDiamonds wrote:TED NUGENT!
JET STREAM

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

I need to get me some health insurance.