NFL 2012 season thread

A forum for non-baseball sports
Post Reply
User avatar
docellis
America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief
Posts: 24741
Joined: April 18 06, 6:54 pm

Re: NFL 2012 season thread

Post by docellis »

I love Courtland Finnegan.

User avatar
fanforever
Retired
Posts: 67125
Joined: April 17 06, 5:03 pm
Location: Northern NJ-The Twilight Zone

Re: NFL 2012 season thread

Post by fanforever »

Someone check the airport and see if the Redskins left Josh Morgan there

User avatar
Tom_Brunansky
Veteran Player
Posts: 655
Joined: March 21 10, 10:24 am
Location: STL

Re: NFL 2012 season thread

Post by Tom_Brunansky »

cardsfansince82 wrote:It's only week two and the Chiefs are already mailing it in.
You're not kidding. No excuses for these last two games - they're not a great team, but they're certainly better than this.

IMO, the pressure's on Romeo to get this thing turned around. Can't have another week like that.

User avatar
Richie Allen
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 7458
Joined: December 22 06, 1:06 am

Re: NFL 2012 season thread

Post by Richie Allen »

Nineteen 1-1 teams with a game tomorrow night that will result in a twentieth. That seems like a lot. Only six undefeated teams after tomorrow night. That doesn't seem like a lot. Anyone think there'll be any thirteen or fourteen win teams this year? Niners? Who?

User avatar
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother
Posts: 13380
Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm

Re: NFL 2012 season thread

Post by stlouie_lipp »

lukethedrifter wrote:for you gamblers

http://www.npr.org/2012/09/12/160929344 ... he-sandman
[/youtube]

User avatar
ghostrunner
GOAT
Posts: 30843
Joined: April 18 06, 9:40 pm

Re: NFL 2012 season thread

Post by ghostrunner »

It's kind of amazing. I haven't listened to sports radio for a few years, and I no longer get cable so it's almost like all the ridiculous football hype doesn't exist. If anything it makes me more interested in watching some games.

User avatar
JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls
Posts: 15010
Joined: April 16 06, 9:15 pm

Re: NFL 2012 season thread

Post by JackofDiamonds »

ghostrunner wrote:It's kind of amazing. I haven't listened to sports radio for a few years, and I no longer get cable so it's almost like all the ridiculous football hype doesn't exist. If anything it makes me more interested in watching some games.
I also dropped cable and am only on Hulu/Netflix/HBOGo, I don't miss ESPN.

User avatar
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother
Posts: 13380
Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm

Re: NFL 2012 season thread

Post by stlouie_lipp »

ghostrunner wrote:It's kind of amazing. I haven't listened to sports radio for a few years, and I no longer get cable so it's almost like all the ridiculous football hype doesn't exist. If anything it makes me more interested in watching some games.
I've done this for two years now. I tune in for kickoff and turn it off after the game. I love it - why do I care who a bunch of loud, ex-jocks pick to win games or, how they rank quarterbacks? I don't.

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: NFL 2012 season thread

Post by lukethedrifter »

JackofDiamonds wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:It's kind of amazing. I haven't listened to sports radio for a few years, and I no longer get cable so it's almost like all the ridiculous football hype doesn't exist. If anything it makes me more interested in watching some games.
I also dropped cable and am only on Hulu/Netflix/HBOGo, I don't miss ESPN.

How do you get HBOgo w/o getting HBO?

User avatar
JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls
Posts: 15010
Joined: April 16 06, 9:15 pm

Re: NFL 2012 season thread

Post by JackofDiamonds »

lukethedrifter wrote:
JackofDiamonds wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:It's kind of amazing. I haven't listened to sports radio for a few years, and I no longer get cable so it's almost like all the ridiculous football hype doesn't exist. If anything it makes me more interested in watching some games.
I also dropped cable and am only on Hulu/Netflix/HBOGo, I don't miss ESPN.

How do you get HBOgo w/o getting HBO?
I pay my friend $50 a year ($4ish/month) for access. He was already a subscriber and only using HBOGo on 2 devices so he was amenable to the suggestion.

Post Reply