2013 MLB Draft Thread

Talk about the Cardinals minor league baseball
Post Reply
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
Posts: 27563
Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Location: Thinking of the Children

Re: 2013 MLB Draft Thread

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

What happened to the team that drafted Appel last year? Do they get any sort of extra pick since they didn't sign Appel?

User avatar
fanforever
Retired
Posts: 67125
Joined: April 17 06, 5:03 pm
Location: Northern NJ-The Twilight Zone

Re: 2013 MLB Draft Thread

Post by fanforever »

Image
Derrick Goold@dgoold
Hazelwood West RHP Devin Williams at pre-draft workout. Touched 96. #stlcards
Image
Derrick Goold@dgoold
#cardinals scouts and front office member gather for pre-draft workout at Busch #stlcards #mlbdraft

User avatar
mikechamp
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 11717
Joined: April 17 06, 5:05 pm
Location: Southwestern Illinois

Re: 2013 MLB Draft Thread

Post by mikechamp »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:What happened to the team that drafted Appel last year? Do they get any sort of extra pick since they didn't sign Appel?
Yeah, I think PIT gets the pick 1 spot lower than where they failed to sign him last year. Someone else can confirm that, though.

STL_Cards
Get off my damn lawn you whippersnappers!
Posts: 700
Joined: April 1 13, 8:49 am

Re: 2013 MLB Draft Thread

Post by STL_Cards »

What time does the draft start?

User avatar
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy
Posts: 24841
Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Location: Out of the Loop

Re: 2013 MLB Draft Thread

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

STL_Cards wrote:What time does the draft start?
6pm central

User avatar
IndyCards13
Everyday Player
Posts: 382
Joined: April 1 13, 7:40 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Re: 2013 MLB Draft Thread

Post by IndyCards13 »

I'll be watching the draft to see where Manea ends up.

User avatar
MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real
Posts: 18456
Joined: September 8 10, 2:57 pm

Re: 2013 MLB Draft Thread

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

I bet we go Pitcher then OF'r.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
Posts: 27563
Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Location: Thinking of the Children

Re: 2013 MLB Draft Thread

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

mikechamp wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:What happened to the team that drafted Appel last year? Do they get any sort of extra pick since they didn't sign Appel?
Yeah, I think PIT gets the pick 1 spot lower than where they failed to sign him last year. Someone else can confirm that, though.
If this is true, and assuming no penalties for not signing a guy way over slot, I hope the Cards take MAnaea and don't sign him due to his demands and then get an extra pick next year.

User avatar
MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy
Posts: 24841
Joined: July 9 06, 11:33 am
Location: Out of the Loop

Re: 2013 MLB Draft Thread

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

MinorLeagueGuy wrote:I bet we go Pitcher then OF'r.
Any reason why? I wouldn't be shocked but it all depends on who's on the board.

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: 2013 MLB Draft Thread

Post by lukethedrifter »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
mikechamp wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:What happened to the team that drafted Appel last year? Do they get any sort of extra pick since they didn't sign Appel?
Yeah, I think PIT gets the pick 1 spot lower than where they failed to sign him last year. Someone else can confirm that, though.
If this is true, and assuming no penalties for not signing a guy way over slot, I hope the Cards take MAnaea and don't sign him due to his demands and then get an extra pick next year.
Right. Seems like a huge loophole.

Post Reply