Garbage on Facebook

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Re: Garbage on Facebook

Post by heyzeus »

Glad we solved that whole racism problem in America. That's a relief.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

We have a black President clearly racism is dead in America. duh.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

JackofDiamonds wrote:I could not be more certain that the sign is fake. I would bet either one of you $100, right now, that the original sign was correctly spelled and/or had a different number of sons. I am not joking, we can PayPal a 3rd party moderator (planet? She seems trustworthy enough) $100 for anyone that wants to take the bet. If/when one of us finds proof that the sign is legitimate, the winner takes the pot.

There is no chance that sign is real and it's [expletive] disgusting that it was altered.
Well I wasn't exactly swearing that it was real. Just that it didn't matter--pot and kettle and all that.

The issue that it was photoshopped isn't exactly surprising. There's a lot dumber internet BS than this out there. Just read down Obama's snopes page.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

JackofDiamonds wrote:I could not be more certain that the sign is fake. I would bet either one of you $100, right now, that the original sign was correctly spelled and/or had a different number of sons. I am not joking, we can PayPal a 3rd party moderator (planet? She seems trustworthy enough) $100 for anyone that wants to take the bet. If/when one of us finds proof that the sign is legitimate, the winner takes the pot.

There is no chance that sign is real and it's [expletive] disgusting that it was altered.
Hey JoD, I believe you. I was asking because I'd love to put together a side-by-side and post that to Facebook for all my inbred Ozark family members to see. My 1 minute GIS didn't turn it up so I was asking. And I see Josephus has posted it. Fantastic.

Luke, what is the context of that shopped picture - is there a blog or website that is posting it?

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

racistidiots.com

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
Luke, what is the context of that shopped picture - is there a blog or website that is posting it?
this is the garbage on facebook thread, right?
Dan Xxxxxx There's no way to know its a photoshop, might be, might not be...the message is still strong though, this type of voter is what helped Obama win. I saw it myself while working in north city on Election Day in '08.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

lukethedrifter wrote:
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
this is the garbage on facebook thread, right?
Dan Xxxxxx There's no way to know its a photoshop, might be, might not be...the message is still strong though, this type of voter is what helped Obama win. I saw it myself while working in north city on Election Day in '08.
Exactly. So you saw it on facebook - so where did the idiot of facebook get it? GIS'ing for the caption of the altered pic doesn't bring anything up. Maybe idiot Dan did it himself? Hope so.

But I'd post the original right away if I was you.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Jocephus wrote:wheres my money

i too thought it seemed easily identifiable as shopped. i was glad to find the original (and quite quickly/easily). i hope luke responds with the link to the original to whomever posted it...though its probably not worth the trouble either.
Lukethedrifter uh, Dan, the message isn't strong if what you posted isn't actually the message. http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1244860/thumb ... -570.jpg?5

MrSaigon

Post by MrSaigon »

It's great when you're waiting on an email and your phone chirps, and you say to yourself 'that must be Gary with the figures' (I've never said anything like that to myself), and you open it to find that your high school biology classmate, whom you haven't talked to since high school biology has changed his profile?

I guess the six-month opt-out of expletiving non-sense email notifications is up and it's time to re opt-out. Facebook is an inbox virus. Seriously, why do I have to unsubscribe a couple times a year or more?

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Facebook is not twitter--some people need to understand this.

I dont need a play by play of your daily routine.

Also, how many car-selfies is one too many?

2. The answer is 2.