Mizzou football '13

A forum for non-baseball sports
Post Reply
User avatar
JL21
NPR & THT Contributor
Posts: 36109
Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
Location: Chocolate City

Re: Mizzou football '13

Post by JL21 »

They look incredible so far. Of course, it's still very early.

User avatar
cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
Posts: 27776
Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
Location: at the gettin' place

Re: Mizzou football '13

Post by cardsfansince82 »

God, what a terrible penalty to let them back in the game. Gotta keep executing offensively.

User avatar
JL21
NPR & THT Contributor
Posts: 36109
Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
Location: Chocolate City

Re: Mizzou football '13

Post by JL21 »

They're on pace for 570 yards, on the road, in the SEC, against a pre-season top 25 team (SI poll). And winning 30-7 at the half.

User avatar
cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
Posts: 27776
Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
Location: at the gettin' place

Re: Mizzou football '13

Post by cardsfansince82 »

This isn't Mizzou's best team but I think it might be the deepest. A whole lot of quality receivers, running backs and D linemen. I hate the 3-3-5 but they were still getting pretty good pressure out of it. Michael Sam has been a maniac so far. I would still like to see a little more concerted effort to get DGB involved. He kind of has the tendency to disappear when he is just a guy rather than the primary guy and no one else can match his physical abilities. Great game though.

User avatar
JL21
NPR & THT Contributor
Posts: 36109
Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
Location: Chocolate City

Re: Mizzou football '13

Post by JL21 »

BUT THEY AREN'T DEEP ENOUGH FOR THE SEC.

User avatar
JL21
NPR & THT Contributor
Posts: 36109
Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
Location: Chocolate City

Re: Mizzou football '13

Post by JL21 »

I had written off the UGA/Carolina/Florida gauntlet as three losses. But if they play like that against those teams, I could see 1 or 2 wins.*


*huge "if"

User avatar
BigDCardlvr
All-Star
Posts: 1548
Joined: May 19 06, 11:54 pm

Re: Mizzou football '13

Post by BigDCardlvr »

JL21 wrote:I had written off the UGA/Carolina/Florida gauntlet as three losses. But if they play like that against those teams, I could see 1 or 2 wins.*


*huge "if"
I'm thinking all three personally, but I'm a complete homer and totally biased toward the Tank and the Tigers, so obviously I'm not thinking straight. Hopefully GA doesn't wake up after their struggle against Tenn and Florida has pulled some out that maybe a well played Tiger game could turn on both of them. To be honest, I'd be happy with one of the games in the W and thrilled if two fell our way. All 3... dare to dream!

A hollow 25 ranking at this point, beat GA and open some eyes...

User avatar
BigDCardlvr
All-Star
Posts: 1548
Joined: May 19 06, 11:54 pm

Re: Mizzou football '13

Post by BigDCardlvr »

JL21 wrote:I had written off the UGA/Carolina/Florida gauntlet as three losses. But if they play like that against those teams, I could see 1 or 2 wins.*


*huge "if"
I'm thinking all three personally, but I'm a complete homer and totally biased toward the Tank and the Tigers, so obviously I'm not thinking straight. Hopefully GA doesn't wake up after their struggle against Tenn and Florida has pulled some out that maybe a well played Tiger game could turn on both of them. To be honest, I'd be happy with one of the games in the W and thrilled if two fell our way. All 3... dare to dream!

A hollow 25 ranking at this point, beat GA and open some eyes...

User avatar
cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.
Posts: 27776
Joined: May 17 06, 10:23 pm
Location: at the gettin' place

Re: Mizzou football '13

Post by cardsfansince82 »

I don't know whether that schedule did or didn't prepare them, but this is pretty awesome so far.

User avatar
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite
Posts: 37260
Joined: October 17 06, 11:19 am
Location: Huis Clos

Re: Mizzou football '13

Post by lukethedrifter »

Sure is. If only MU doesn't stupid there way into letting the Bulldogs back in the game.

Post Reply