Russia

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
New Pagodi
Perennial All-Star

Re: Russia

Post by New Pagodi »

Radbird wrote:Image

Go [expletive] yourself Putin.

In case anyone was wondering.

I'm guessing things won't turn out well for that girl.

Indu WangZi
Everyday Player

Post by Indu WangZi »

I've been to Russia numerous times, always on business...mostly to Moscow, but have been to St. Petersburg (which is actually a very nice city).

The place terrifies me. I've been all over the world...from central America to Africa to Asia and without a doubt the place I feel the least safe is Russia.

In talking with Russians there...they always tell me that the only way things get done properly is a well placed bribe or kick-back. Nothing happens if that doesnt happen first. I've also been told that life is realtively cheap, so taking someone out is just a matter of how much.

I cant stand the place....every time I go there, I count the minutes until I'm on a plane out of there. As much as I dislike saying this, the man are almost spoofs of themselves. They drink constantly...smoke non-stop...treat women like second class citizens/objects and are generally obnoxious.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

I work with a 50ish year old jewish lady who fled present day Ukraine back when it was the USSR. She is extremely warm, accepting and fun; just a salt of the earth type person. One thing, though, is she constantly worries. Like, if I am at lunch too long, she'll start asking why I'm not back. If a guy takes a day off and doesn't tell her, [expletive], she'll have a nervous breakdown. She is so worried, about everyone, all the time...crazy. I imagine that is a leftover trait from being Jewish in the Soviet Union.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

in soviet russia, gimmick comedians can't get any work !

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

Indu WangZi wrote:I've been to Russia numerous times, always on business...mostly to Moscow, but have been to St. Petersburg (which is actually a very nice city).

The place terrifies me. I've been all over the world...from central America to Africa to Asia and without a doubt the place I feel the least safe is Russia.

In talking with Russians there...they always tell me that the only way things get done properly is a well placed bribe or kick-back. Nothing happens if that doesnt happen first. I've also been told that life is realtively cheap, so taking someone out is just a matter of how much.

I cant stand the place....every time I go there, I count the minutes until I'm on a plane out of there. As much as I dislike saying this, the man are almost spoofs of themselves. They drink constantly...smoke non-stop...treat women like second class citizens/objects and are generally obnoxious.
This isn't what I wanted to hear. I might have to go to Russia sometime in the next year, and it would not be to Moscow or St. Pete. It would be Orenburg, which I understand has like 600K people. The people who have been there before me say it does have some problems but is generally OK. Not sure what to believe. It will be tough because there will be no other English-speakers there.

My parents hosted an exchange student from Russia once (after I had left the house). They said the way he treated women was very, very odd, and at times downright rude.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

New Pagodi wrote:

Yep. Иди на хуй Путин. Idi means go, so idi na xooee evidently literally means, "Go to the dick," or as New Pagodi says, "Go [expletive] yourself." The bottom word is Putin in Cyrillic.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

New Pagodi wrote:

That took place in Germany.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

I wonder if those words were also on the front of her. If so, I suspect his thumbs up wouldn't have been quite so enthusiastic.

/we need video evidence

StL Dan
banned

Post by StL Dan »

http://www.animalplanet.com/tv-shows/ot ... videos.htm

Wild Russia on Animal Planet was a pretty good show.

New Pagodi
Perennial All-Star

Post by New Pagodi »

Holy sh..err. Holy cow!

[/youtube]

(Technically that video is from Ukraine, not Russia. But it's in Russia's sphere of influence.)