Trade Proposal - Help!

Talk about fantasy sports here
go birds
-go birds

Re: Trade Proposal - Help!

Post by go birds »

33anda3rd wrote:Sure, he doesn't walk a lot. And there's swing and miss. But the toolshed outweighs the concerns. He's legit.
do you see him getting the call this year?

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

go birds wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:Sure, he doesn't walk a lot. And there's swing and miss. But the toolshed outweighs the concerns. He's legit.
do you see him getting the call this year?
Yes.

He was sent to minor league camp a week ago "to work on fielding and plate discipline" but he's still playing in the major league games and is absent on the backfields. He came in off the bench last night. You don't have a kid up this late if you're not still taking a really hard look at him. Castro told the media this week he'd change positions for Baez if it helps the team win. I'd be floored if he's not in the majors by June 1.

I'll also be semi-bummed if Castro moves off SS. What am I supposed to do for comedy at Clark/Addison now that the iO theater is moving? Watch Rizzo face lefties?

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

i pulled the trigger

yolo

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Post by planet planet »

I've been offered Verlander and Brandon Moss for Goldschmidt. I don't have another 1st baseman. What do you think? My other SPs are Price, Strasburg, Cole, Y. Ventura, Peavy, Burnett, and waiver fodder Leake, Lynn, and T. Wood.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

planet p wrote:I've been offered Verlander and Brandon Moss for Goldschmidt. I don't have another 1st baseman. What do you think? My other SPs are Price, Strasburg, Cole, Y. Ventura, Peavy, Burnett, and waiver fodder Leake, Lynn, and T. Wood.
I would not do that deal, and here's why:

I am a Verlander owner, and recently I've had to think about whether to start him or not.

I'd have to look up Moss's stats, as I know nothing about his 2014 season.

I was a Goldschmidt doubter coming into the season, but he's kept up his performance level fairly well. He seems legit in my book. Given you don't have another 1B and your rotation seems pretty solid, I'd pass.

planet planet
http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy

Post by planet planet »

mikechamp wrote:
planet p wrote:I've been offered Verlander and Brandon Moss for Goldschmidt. I don't have another 1st baseman. What do you think? My other SPs are Price, Strasburg, Cole, Y. Ventura, Peavy, Burnett, and waiver fodder Leake, Lynn, and T. Wood.
I would not do that deal, and here's why:

I am a Verlander owner, and recently I've had to think about whether to start him or not.

I'd have to look up Moss's stats, as I know nothing about his 2014 season.

I was a Goldschmidt doubter coming into the season, but he's kept up his performance level fairly well. He seems legit in my book. Given you don't have another 1B and your rotation seems pretty solid, I'd pass.
Thanks, mike! I was thinking no, but it really helps to get another knowledgeable fantasy baseballer's opinion. It's a points league and my offense is not at the top, so I'm thinking I need Goldschmidt's production.

Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!

Post by Schlich »

I was gonna also chime and and say hold but i'm not really a go-to person for fantasy advice. I was considering giving up stanton for beltre/buehrle and got yelled at by the internet