Random musings
- heyzeus
- Everday Unicorn
- Posts: 43288
- Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
- Location: Austin, TX
Re: Random musings
I think my two year old's a stoner.
'Zeus Jr.: My blanket is part of my blanket!
Me: Yes, it's all one blanket.
'Zeus Jr.: (long pause) heh heh heh
'Zeus Jr.: My blanket is part of my blanket!
Me: Yes, it's all one blanket.
'Zeus Jr.: (long pause) heh heh heh
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: Random musings
dont forget to bring a towel!
-
planet planet
- http://tinyurl.com/2e4x5hy
- Posts: 24904
- Joined: April 15 06, 6:25 pm
- Location: St. Louis
Re: Random musings
Speaking of Morton's salt, are normal peeps supposed to just buy regular salt or iodized?
-
Jocephus
- 99% conan clips
- Posts: 64992
- Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Re: Random musings
or what about sea salt?
- slide_into_first
- is unaware that dangerous is the real Tyler Durden
- Posts: 14433
- Joined: June 10 09, 11:31 pm
- Location: In Chula Vista hanging with the Surenos
Re: Random musings
It depends on where you live but some normal people would not get enough iodine if it were not in salt. It is not a right wing issue like fluoridation of water I guess because you have a choice.
I think Zeus' kid was commenting that what adults call a blanket is just one layer of what he considers his blanket- sheets, blanket, bed spread, maybe pajamas as well.
I think Zeus' kid was commenting that what adults call a blanket is just one layer of what he considers his blanket- sheets, blanket, bed spread, maybe pajamas as well.
- heyzeus
- Everday Unicorn
- Posts: 43288
- Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
- Location: Austin, TX
Re: Random musings
Nope, he was sitting at the table eating breakfast when this was said, holding the blanket he carries around everywhere with him like Linus from Peanuts.slide_into_first wrote: I think Zeus' kid was commenting that what adults call a blanket is just one layer of what he considers his blanket- sheets, blanket, bed spread, maybe pajamas as well.
-
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
- "I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"
- Posts: 27563
- Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
- Location: Thinking of the Children
Re: Random musings
Oh my gosh. Funny you should mention that. Little AW carries around a teddy bear like little Zeus carries around his blanket. This started a couple weeks ago. Apparently, he saw a kid at his school taking a nap with a stuffed monkey and wanted it. So, he tried to take it, the kid tried to stop him, and AW jr bit him and took it. Ugh. So, we give him this teddy bear the next day, he naps with it, and now he can't get enough of it. Has to have it to sleep with at night, to carry around the yard, in the car, etc. I just don't understand it. But, at least he isn't hitting kids at school. So, that's good.heyzeus wrote: Nope, he was sitting at the table eating breakfast when this was said, holding the blanket he carries around everywhere with him like Linus from Peanuts.
- heyzeus
- Everday Unicorn
- Posts: 43288
- Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
- Location: Austin, TX
Re: Random musings
It's apparently pretty natural for kids at their age to develop attachments to objects. It's like their totem from Inception. But yeah, you step between a toddler and his blanky/monkey/teddy bear, you're gonna get cut.AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Oh my gosh. Funny you should mention that. Little AW carries around a teddy bear like little Zeus carries around his blanket. This started a couple weeks ago. Apparently, he saw a kid at his school taking a nap with a stuffed monkey and wanted it. So, he tried to take it, the kid tried to stop him, and AW jr bit him and took it. Ugh. So, we give him this teddy bear the next day, he naps with it, and now he can't get enough of it. Has to have it to sleep with at night, to carry around the yard, in the car, etc. I just don't understand it. But, at least he isn't hitting kids at school. So, that's good.heyzeus wrote: Nope, he was sitting at the table eating breakfast when this was said, holding the blanket he carries around everywhere with him like Linus from Peanuts.
Ancillary random musing: I'm on Reasons My Kid is Crying now.
-
Freed Roger
- Seeking a Zubaz seamstress
- Posts: 26073
- Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
- Location: St. Louis
Re: Random musings
I wonder how many rebates I have failed to complete or receive.
- JL21
- NPR & THT Contributor
- Posts: 36109
- Joined: April 18 06, 7:44 am
- Location: Chocolate City
Re: Random musings
I feel like this is the most perfect use of this thread ever.Freed Roger wrote:I wonder how many rebates I have failed to complete or receive.

