Garbage on Facebook

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Post Reply
User avatar
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
Posts: 12891
Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
Location: Illinois

Re: Garbage on Facebook

Post by IMADreamer »

Ah the confederate flag. It always amazes me how many people from Illinois have "southern pride." Bunch of dumb asses. Facebook is filled with how the flag stands for states rights and if the confederate flag stands for slavery and oppression how about the American flag?

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43286
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Garbage on Facebook

Post by heyzeus »

IMADreamer wrote:Ah the confederate flag. It always amazes me how many people from Illinois have "southern pride." Bunch of dumb asses. Facebook is filled with how the flag stands for states rights and if the confederate flag stands for slavery and oppression how about the American flag?
Man. I am FB "friends" with 772 people, and exactly zero of them have posted about how the Confederate flag stands for anything other than a war over the ability to own humans. What I'm saying is, you need to delete each one of those people and move somewhere else and make all new friends.

User avatar
Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer
Posts: 24269
Joined: October 12 06, 2:21 pm
Location: Baseball Ref Bullpen
Contact:

Re: Garbage on Facebook

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

IMADreamer wrote:Ah the confederate flag. It always amazes me how many people from Illinois have "southern pride." Bunch of dumb asses. Facebook is filled with how the flag stands for states rights and if the confederate flag stands for slavery and oppression how about the American flag?
How did you know my bowling teammate was from Illinois? Danville.

Diddy
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3583
Joined: April 18 06, 7:45 pm

Re: Garbage on Facebook

Post by Diddy »

heyzeus wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:Ah the confederate flag. It always amazes me how many people from Illinois have "southern pride." Bunch of dumb asses. Facebook is filled with how the flag stands for states rights and if the confederate flag stands for slavery and oppression how about the American flag?
Man. I am FB "friends" with 772 people, and exactly zero of them have posted about how the Confederate flag stands for anything other than a war over the ability to own humans. What I'm saying is, you need to delete each one of those people and move somewhere else and make all new friends.
I don't post in Facebook but if your claiming that the civil war was about nothing other then slavery you need to read up on your history.

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43286
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Garbage on Facebook

Post by heyzeus »

Diddy wrote:
heyzeus wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:Ah the confederate flag. It always amazes me how many people from Illinois have "southern pride." Bunch of dumb asses. Facebook is filled with how the flag stands for states rights and if the confederate flag stands for slavery and oppression how about the American flag?
Man. I am FB "friends" with 772 people, and exactly zero of them have posted about how the Confederate flag stands for anything other than a war over the ability to own humans. What I'm saying is, you need to delete each one of those people and move somewhere else and make all new friends.
I don't post in Facebook but if your claiming that the civil war was about nothing other then slavery you need to read up on your history.
Of course. It was also about the North's attempt to deprive the southern states of their rights. The right to own slaves.

Diddy
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 3583
Joined: April 18 06, 7:45 pm

Re: Garbage on Facebook

Post by Diddy »

heyzeus wrote:
Diddy wrote:
heyzeus wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:Ah the confederate flag. It always amazes me how many people from Illinois have "southern pride." Bunch of dumb asses. Facebook is filled with how the flag stands for states rights and if the confederate flag stands for slavery and oppression how about the American flag?
Man. I am FB "friends" with 772 people, and exactly zero of them have posted about how the Confederate flag stands for anything other than a war over the ability to own humans. What I'm saying is, you need to delete each one of those people and move somewhere else and make all new friends.
I don't post in Facebook but if your claiming that the civil war was about nothing other then slavery you need to read up on your history.
Of course. It was also about the North's attempt to deprive the southern states of their rights. The right to own slaves.
A lot more to states rights then slavery, is that not tought in the history books anymore?

User avatar
redbirdjazzz
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 4921
Joined: April 17 06, 10:50 am
Location: Columbia, MO

Re: Garbage on Facebook

Post by redbirdjazzz »

Diddy wrote:
heyzeus wrote:
Diddy wrote:
heyzeus wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:Ah the confederate flag. It always amazes me how many people from Illinois have "southern pride." Bunch of dumb asses. Facebook is filled with how the flag stands for states rights and if the confederate flag stands for slavery and oppression how about the American flag?
Man. I am FB "friends" with 772 people, and exactly zero of them have posted about how the Confederate flag stands for anything other than a war over the ability to own humans. What I'm saying is, you need to delete each one of those people and move somewhere else and make all new friends.
I don't post in Facebook but if your claiming that the civil war was about nothing other then slavery you need to read up on your history.
Of course. It was also about the North's attempt to deprive the southern states of their rights. The right to own slaves.
A lot more to states rights then slavery, is that not tought in the history books anymore?
It was about slavery, almost exclusively. All teachers teaching otherwise are severely misleading any students unfortunate enough to be in their classes.

User avatar
JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls
Posts: 15010
Joined: April 16 06, 9:15 pm

Re: Garbage on Facebook

Post by JackofDiamonds »

Diddy wrote:
heyzeus wrote:
Diddy wrote:
heyzeus wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:Ah the confederate flag. It always amazes me how many people from Illinois have "southern pride." Bunch of dumb asses. Facebook is filled with how the flag stands for states rights and if the confederate flag stands for slavery and oppression how about the American flag?
Man. I am FB "friends" with 772 people, and exactly zero of them have posted about how the Confederate flag stands for anything other than a war over the ability to own humans. What I'm saying is, you need to delete each one of those people and move somewhere else and make all new friends.
I don't post in Facebook but if your claiming that the civil war was about nothing other then slavery you need to read up on your history.
Of course. It was also about the North's attempt to deprive the southern states of their rights. The right to own slaves.
A lot more to states rights then slavery, is that not tought in the history books anymore?

Taught.

Are you familiar with the term "historical revisionism?" The confederate states seceded because of the election of Abraham Lincoln, specifically because of his stance on slavery. This isn't conjecture, this was made explicit by the leaders of the confederacy.

User avatar
heyzeus
Everday Unicorn
Posts: 43286
Joined: April 21 06, 10:14 am
Location: Austin, TX

Re: Garbage on Facebook

Post by heyzeus »

JackofDiamonds wrote:
Diddy wrote:
heyzeus wrote:
Diddy wrote:
heyzeus wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:Ah the confederate flag. It always amazes me how many people from Illinois have "southern pride." Bunch of dumb asses. Facebook is filled with how the flag stands for states rights and if the confederate flag stands for slavery and oppression how about the American flag?
Man. I am FB "friends" with 772 people, and exactly zero of them have posted about how the Confederate flag stands for anything other than a war over the ability to own humans. What I'm saying is, you need to delete each one of those people and move somewhere else and make all new friends.
I don't post in Facebook but if your claiming that the civil war was about nothing other then slavery you need to read up on your history.
Of course. It was also about the North's attempt to deprive the southern states of their rights. The right to own slaves.
A lot more to states rights then slavery, is that not tought in the history books anymore?

Taught.

Are you familiar with the term "historical revisionism?" The confederate states seceded because of the election of Abraham Lincoln, specifically because of his stance on slavery. This isn't conjecture, this was made explicit by the leaders of the confederacy.
Fortunately, someone a lot smarter than me went ahead and handily compiled the declarations of war that the secessionist states issued. It was about slavery.

User avatar
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
Posts: 12891
Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
Location: Illinois

Re: Garbage on Facebook

Post by IMADreamer »

heyzeus wrote:
IMADreamer wrote:Ah the confederate flag. It always amazes me how many people from Illinois have "southern pride." Bunch of dumb asses. Facebook is filled with how the flag stands for states rights and if the confederate flag stands for slavery and oppression how about the American flag?
Man. I am FB "friends" with 772 people, and exactly zero of them have posted about how the Confederate flag stands for anything other than a war over the ability to own humans. What I'm saying is, you need to delete each one of those people and move somewhere else and make all new friends.
I live in a very rural, very poor, very uneducated part of the world. They aren't bad people, they just aren't smart people. For the record my friends list has shrunk in half this year because I've deleted so many people. I've damn near deleted the my account twice but despite being the anti kid ass that I am I enjoy seeing photos of I guess what would have been my nieces and nephews playing sports and stuff because I don't get to be around them much any more with Nic being gone and all. So I keep my account for now. I haven't added any new friends in a couple years though. Just new people to eventually delete.

Post Reply