Legalizing marijuana

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!

If marijuana was legalized, would you be more likely to use?

Yes
31%
No
47%
I already do
22%

Total votes: 68

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: Legalizing marijuana

Post by Jocephus »

i want to be your friend

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

I have no interest in ever doing it, but I still think it should be legalized. At least legalized with certain limitations on it.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

The tax revenue alone would be prodigious.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

How black people are being shut out of America's weed boom
For most jobs, experience will help you get ahead. In the marijuana industry, it’s not that simple. Yes, investors and state governments are eager to hire and license people with expertise in how to cultivate, cure, trim, and process cannabis. But it can’t be someone who got caught. Which for the most part means it can’t be someone who is black.

Even though research shows people of all races are about equally likely to have broken the law by growing, smoking, or selling marijuana, black people are much more likely to have been arrested for it. Black people are much more likely to have ended up with a criminal record because of it. And every state that has legalized medical or recreational marijuana bans people with drug felonies from working at, owning, investing in, or sitting on the board of a cannabis business. After having borne the brunt of the “war on drugs,” black Americans are now largely missing out on the economic opportunities created by legalization.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

Arkansas legalized medical marijuana

http://katv.com/news/local/issue-6

Arkansas has become the first state in the Bible Belt to legalize medical marijuana.

With their approval of Issue 6 on Tuesday, voters will allow patients with a variety of medical conditions and a doctor's permission to buy marijuana from dispensaries. Patients won't be allowed to grow their own.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

Mary1966 wrote:Since I posted last in this thread, I have noticed that some of my neighbors in my apartment complex who have medical marijuana cards are using it to get stoned, and there was been a bonanza of weed shops in my neighborhood. July is when recreational marijuana becomes legal in Washington state. I don't think I am going to like the results. As someone who has never tried marijuana and is not supposed to take it because I am on psychiatric medication, I look at my neighbors and wonder about how getting stoned on a regular basis impacts their lives.
I'd look at the decades of studies on the subject and worry more about your neighbours who are getting drunk every day, to be honest.

Was legalisation on the ballot in Missouri? Any info on how a vote would go?

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

Mary1966 wrote:Since I posted last in this thread, I have noticed that some of my neighbors in my apartment complex who have medical marijuana cards are using it to get stoned, and there was been a bonanza of weed shops in my neighborhood. July is when recreational marijuana becomes legal in Washington state. I don't think I am going to like the results. As someone who has never tried marijuana and is not supposed to take it because I am on psychiatric medication, I look at my neighbors and wonder about how getting stoned on a regular basis impacts their lives.
Ask them.

Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!

Post by Schlich »

Famous Mortimer wrote:
I'd look at the decades of studies on the subject and worry more about your neighbours who are getting drunk every day, to be honest.

Was legalisation on the ballot in Missouri? Any info on how a vote would go?
Medical missed the ballot by about 20 signatures. It probably would have passed.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Was going to be Amendment 5. That's why they skipped for 4 to 6 on the ballot.

cardsfansince82
is shooing asian children away from his fridge.

Post by cardsfansince82 »

20 signatures? Really? I thought I had read Show Me Cannabis already had enough and then just never heard anymore.