GRB 2.0 Thoughts

Need support or have a suggestion on how to improve the site? Post it here.
JackofDiamonds
Bringer of Boston Baked Blue Balls

Re: GRB 2.0 Thoughts

Post by JackofDiamonds »

I navigate to Rants and Raves & Social, then hit mark all read, then go to the main page and hit View Unread posts.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

33anda3rd wrote:I get what you're saying but I don't use that view, I go into the topics. When I first came here, I almost never left BT or minor league. 82.77% of the posts on my middle54 handle are in BT, and the most active thread I was in was the Mothergrabber one in the minor league forum. I'd be surprised if I even went into Social or Rants or Interviews my first like 3 years here. I went where I was interested in chatting on the board, and that was baseball.

I think that the thing you're describing, for that kind of user who looks at active forums only, the splitting forums doesn't help but also doesn't hurt. For the user who goes by forum, it helps.
Fwiw just the site like 33 does. More granularity would help me.
And the idea of being able to ignore topics in your settings is a good one to. Sounds like a hard feature to implement though.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

I actually used to hop from forum to forum, and I think I didn't even know about the active topics link until someone mentioned it about 2-3 years in. Since then I've pretty much never gone to the individual forums. If you're interested in a wide variety of topics, I highly recommend it.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

I think extra subforums might be a good idea. I also tend to just click active topics, but if I'm too lazy to sign in, or its been so long that viewing active topics is too much, I'll pop straight over to baseball and social and look around. Also, I don't watch a lot of TV or movies, and therefore never venture into those threads, but if I saw, say, a Stranger Things thread, I'd post in it. I just don't want to dig through 30 pages to maybe find a couple of comments about it.

So, yeah, what someone earlier said. It has no effect on view active topics folks, but can have a major impact on forum clickers, especially lurkers who can't view active topics.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

1 forum. 1 thread. FOR EVERYTHING.

TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

Post by TGantz »

Jocephus wrote:1 forum. 1 thread. FOR EVERYTHING.
https://m.reddit.com/r/gatewayredbirds/ ... mpact=true

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Jocephus wrote:1 forum. 1 thread. FOR EVERYTHING.
Hahaha.

Smith Corks One
All-Star

Post by Smith Corks One »

ghostrunner wrote:I actually used to hop from forum to forum, and I think I didn't even know about the active topics link until someone mentioned it about 2-3 years in. Since then I've pretty much never gone to the individual forums. If you're interested in a wide variety of topics, I highly recommend it.
I think I like this. Thank you.

Bo Hart
Perennial All-Star

Post by Bo Hart »

Thanks for the suggestions guys, these are all being taken into consideration. In fact, what middle described -- splitting up social in to entertainment, social, politics -- is identical to a possible change I had been thinking of. We are still mulling over options.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

We?