Trump & Russia & Stormy & Obstruction & Money Laundering Etc

Political and religious discussions go here. Tread lightly.
pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Trump & Russia & Stormy & Obstruction & Money Laundering Etc

Post by pioneer98 »

I am not one for conspiracy theories. I figured they were hacking Hillary's campaign to try to help their preferred candidate elected, but I wasn't sure if there was much of any tie between Trump and Russia at all. Back then, I wrote it off as not likely. But more and more keeps coming out, and the picture emerging is that Trump has been supported by them for years. Let's put it all in one place.

Felix Sater was in the Russian mafia and had an office 2 floors below Trump's in Trump Tower for 6 years

A diplomat says Russian officials were in contact with Trump's "immediate entourage" throughout the campaign

Harry Reid claims the FBI covered up Russian influence on the election and it has been reported widely that the FBI is full of Trump supporters.

There was the whole thing with Manafort getting paid by Russian oligarchs

Donald Trump Jr. said back in 2008 that “Russians make up a pretty disproportionate cross-section of a lot of our assets.” and “we see a lot of money pouring in from Russia.”

Trump famously asked Russia to hack Hillary and find the missing 30,000 emails, and then they did hack her

The only thing the Trump campaign changed in the GOP platform was to remove the part about giving weapons to Ukraine to fight Russia

We're going to end up with 33 investigations into Benghazi and zero into this stuff. And I'm sure there is more - I recall that Trump weirdly decided to have one of his pageants in Russia a few years ago, etc.
Last edited by pioneer98 on May 14 18, 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Re: Trump and Russia

Post by pioneer98 »

Pick of Exxon CEO for Secretary of State clarifies why Putin wanted Trump elected: a $500 billion oil deal killed by sanctions
So much is explained by Trump’s Secretary of State choice. Media reports now say it will be Rex Tillerson, CEO of oil giant ExxonMobil, which had made a $500 billion oil deal with Putin that got blocked by sanctions.

Stalling the biggest oil deal ever did not just “put Exxon at risk,” as the Wall Street Journal reported in 2014. MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow explained last week this deal was so big it was “expected to change the historical trajectory of Russia.”
AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

I'm one to quickly glance through stuff like this and poke a hole anywhere that renders the rest of the argument moot.

Doing that here, I'd ask who cares if the FBI is full of trump supporters and if they were together why would he ask them publicly to hack hillary.

This is birther territory afaik
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:I'm one to quickly glance through stuff like this and poke a hole anywhere that renders the rest of the argument moot.

Doing that here, I'd ask who cares if the FBI is full of trump supporters and if they were together why would he ask them publicly to hack hillary.

What is?
AWvsCBsteeeerike3

lukethedrifter wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:I'm one to quickly glance through stuff like this and poke a hole anywhere that renders the rest of the argument moot.

What is?
Blaming Russia for Hillary losing
Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Its not about blaming Russia for Hillary losing.
Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

It is strange how Trump talks tough about all the other geopolitical foes but plays Alfred E Newman about Russia.
pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

Yeah I am absolutely not blaming Russia for Hillary losing. Russia didn't force Hillary to not campaign in Wisconsin or Michigan or to make any number of other stupid mistakes.

This is about Russia evidently having a big, big influence on Trump, and what that means for our country. Personally, I think it's nuts and is very scary.
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:

What is?
Blaming Russia for Hillary losing
No one is doing that and even if they were no real parallel to birther talk.
AWvsCBsteeeerike3

pioneer98 wrote:Yeah I am absolutely not blaming Russia for Hillary losing. Russia didn't force Hillary to not campaign in Wisconsin or Michigan or to make any number of other stupid mistakes.

This is about Russia evidently having a big, big influence on Trump, and what that means for our country. Personally, I think it's nuts and is very scary.
Why? Russia has the 2nd strongest military in the world. They're a bit behind the US but whatever. They're also strong allies with China who has the 3rd strongest military.