Porcello & Samardzija

Talk about fantasy sports here
pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Porcello & Samardzija

Post by pioneer98 »

Both Porcello and Samardzija have absolutely sucked through 3 starts (era's are 7.56 and 6.16 respectively). Which one is more likely to get their crap together and come back from this awful start? Or will they just suck this year? I looked, and they both had ERA's over 6 in spring training this year, too. So that is concerning.

I'm debating whether I should cut one, cut both, or keep both. Mike Leake and Ian Kennedy are the free agents I may be able to replace one or both of them with. Both are off to good starts. Yes, I am entertaining the idea of cutting the reigning AL Cy Young award winning and replacing him with Mike Leake. Thoughts?

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Re: Porcello & Samardzija

Post by Popeye_Card »

Leake and Porcello are fairly similar pitchers, minus Porcello's great year last year. The only reason I would keep Porcello over the hot hand here is that Boston should score more runs than the Cardinals.

Unless you feel Porcello legitimately turned a corner last year.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

Popeye_Card wrote:Leake and Porcello are fairly similar pitchers, minus Porcello's great year last year. The only reason I would keep Porcello over the hot hand here is that Boston should score more runs than the Cardinals.

Unless you feel Porcello legitimately turned a corner last year.
Thanks. And wins don't matter in this league so I will probably do this. I only got Porcello because I knew he would throw a lot of innings, and even if he took a bit of a step back, might be quite good. But Leake is an innings eater too

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

I just dropped Samardzija...f him

TimeForGuinness
Hall Of Famer

Post by TimeForGuinness »

pioneer98 wrote:Both Porcello and Samardzija have absolutely sucked through 3 starts (era's are 7.56 and 6.16 respectively). Which one is more likely to get their crap together and come back from this awful start? Or will they just suck this year? I looked, and they both had ERA's over 6 in spring training this year, too. So that is concerning.

I'm debating whether I should cut one, cut both, or keep both. Mike Leake and Ian Kennedy are the free agents I may be able to replace one or both of them with. Both are off to good starts. Yes, I am entertaining the idea of cutting the reigning AL Cy Young award winning and replacing him with Mike Leake. Thoughts?
I think Porcello has had Tommy John...but Samardzija hasn't. Drop Samardzija.