cancer

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Post Reply
User avatar
Tim
Consider him admonished
Posts: 8347
Joined: March 25 15, 9:59 am
Location: The South

Re: cancer

Post by Tim »


User avatar
Jocephus
99% conan clips
Posts: 57123
Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm

Re: cancer

Post by Jocephus »

julia louis dreyfus announced her breast cancer diagnosis today

User avatar
IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.
Posts: 11784
Joined: December 6 10, 1:09 am
Location: Illinois

Re: cancer

Post by IMADreamer »

Lost another friend to cancer today. 58 years old. Fought it hard for a year and a half.

User avatar
GeddyWrox
Perennial All-Star
Posts: 9072
Joined: April 20 06, 8:43 pm
Location: Please use blue font for the sarcasm impaired.

Re: cancer

Post by GeddyWrox »

GDI, man. Sorry.

User avatar
Tim
Consider him admonished
Posts: 8347
Joined: March 25 15, 9:59 am
Location: The South

Re: cancer

Post by Tim »

Ugh sorry to hear it IMA

I have sent in my DNA swab to be a marrow donor.

User avatar
Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me
Posts: 44915
Joined: April 18 06, 5:08 pm
Location: Clowns to the left of me. Jokers to the right. Here I am.

Re: cancer

Post by Radbird »

Jocephus wrote:julia louis dreyfus announced her breast cancer diagnosis today

User avatar
Tim
Consider him admonished
Posts: 8347
Joined: March 25 15, 9:59 am
Location: The South

Re: cancer

Post by Tim »

Tim wrote:We lost a great husband, father, friend, believer, Cardinals fan and Hog fan this early morning after a 3 year battle with leukemia in Mercy Hospital in Saint Louis. My best friend since the age of 5 gave cancer all he had and more. He never quit caring for others as this horrific disease ravaged his body. Getting to see him take his wife and kids to Cards games as they visited from Arkansas while he was getting treatment brought a smile to my face.

I will be running in a 5K later this fall for leukemia research and I will make this a yearly priority in my life.


I love him and miss him already.
Running in April. Be The Match raises money for research, uninsured patients and recruiting donors. If you have a couple bucks to spare why don't you sponsor? Or better yet, register to be a donor!

Thanks yall,
Bill

User avatar
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother
Posts: 13298
Joined: April 17 06, 7:36 pm

Re: cancer

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Tim wrote:
Tim wrote:We lost a great husband, father, friend, believer, Cardinals fan and Hog fan this early morning after a 3 year battle with leukemia in Mercy Hospital in Saint Louis. My best friend since the age of 5 gave cancer all he had and more. He never quit caring for others as this horrific disease ravaged his body. Getting to see him take his wife and kids to Cards games as they visited from Arkansas while he was getting treatment brought a smile to my face.

I will be running in a 5K later this fall for leukemia research and I will make this a yearly priority in my life.


I love him and miss him already.
Running in April. Be The Match raises money for research, uninsured patients and recruiting donors. If you have a couple bucks to spare why don't you sponsor? Or better yet, register to be a donor!

Thanks yall,
Bill
My Dad died around this time last year from blood cancer. I am happy to donate. Good luck!

User avatar
Tim
Consider him admonished
Posts: 8347
Joined: March 25 15, 9:59 am
Location: The South

Re: cancer

Post by Tim »

Hey everyone,

Thanks to all who have donated! Yall are the best. My wife and I are racing this weekend! If you want to throw $5 or $10 for blood cancer research and obtaining donors, you can do so at the link below

http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/sit ... fr_id=4144

Maybe some positive mojo will head the Cardinals way with a donation.

Thanks,
Bill

User avatar
CardsofSTL
All Hail the New GDT Master
Posts: 24605
Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: cancer

Post by CardsofSTL »

Tim wrote:Hey everyone,

Thanks to all who have donated! Yall are the best. My wife and I are racing this weekend! If you want to throw $5 or $10 for blood cancer research and obtaining donors, you can do so at the link below

http://www.bethematchfoundation.org/sit ... fr_id=4144

Maybe some positive mojo will head the Cardinals way with a donation.

Thanks,
Bill
Good luck with the run...you're a better man than I.

(I am still having trouble with the whole Tim is Bill thing.)

Post Reply