Dogs

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Re: Dogs

Post by GeddyWrox »

My heart always plummets when I see this thread bumped. Just like the cancer thread.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

lukethedrifter wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:I nearly killed the Big Galoot on the Ozark Trail a few years ago. Sharp rocks on trail for 12 miles ripped em up. Poor guy kept going and going. Then he stopped going and hundreds of ticks rained down on us. Such a bad oblivious friend I was that day. Vet bandaged the paws up and they do heal quick. He said he sees it a lot when dogs are around swimming pools or on docks.

Then a few days later diagnosed with some kind of tick borne disease that was caught in time.

He still plugging along.
God, I hope you're exaggerating.
Good article on tick bite prevention. I seriously thought i felt them coming down from above, but this article says no. But this even makes more sense because once the Galoots paws were sore from the trail he'd try walking thru the side grasses etc. Believe me it was miserable.
Won't do much camping or hiking in MO between May 15 and Sept 15 (sometimes longer.) I'll run thru, but that is different.
http://www.slate.com/articles/life/the_ ... _2017.html

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Jake the Diamond Dog

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

Awwww!!!

JL21
NPR & THT Contributor

Post by JL21 »

At my new job, I'm around this dog constantly (seriously, I even get to see him practice doing this):

It's the first bulldog I've ever been around on any kind of regular basis and I have to say... they're [expletive] awesome. They're like little furry stoner clowns.

cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardinalkarp »

JL21 wrote:At my new job, I'm around this dog constantly (seriously, I even get to see him practice doing this):

It's the first bulldog I've ever been around on any kind of regular basis and I have to say... they're [expletive] awesome. They're like little furry stoner clowns.
I've owned a handful of different breeds and bulldogs are by far my favorite (although, I've had French not English Bulldogs)

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

All dogs are awesome...especially mine; who is also a Jedi.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

JL21 wrote:At my new job, I'm around this dog constantly (seriously, I even get to see him practice doing this):

The kid applied to G’town. Not sure she’ll get in but it would be awesome.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

Roughly a month ago we had to lay one of our dogs to rest. Jack was an 11 year old American white shepherd that my wife rescued six years ago (she paid a whopping $1 for him from a dickbag in the local paper that didn't take care of him and just wanted him gone). He was a fantastic guy who was diagnosed with a very rare and aggressive type of blood cancer (hemangiosarcoma), and passed after just a couple days of being diagnosed.

The three of us (myself, wife, and dog Oscar) were all heartbroken after he was put to sleep. RIP buddy, you will be missed.

But, the good news is that my wife feels she's sufficiently honored Jack's memory in mourning, and is now ready to adopt a new dog. Enter: Duke - a one year old hound/weimaraner mix. The application was filled out this morning, and we'll find out within 48 hours if it was accepted. If accepted, we still have to go through the home inspection, bring Oscar out to meet him, etc. But step one is complete, at least.