18%
Other. Because
No votes

Total votes: 11

Tim
Consider him admonished

Re: men's college basketball coaches. Most hated

Post by Tim »

Boeheim and Cal should be runaway winners IMO.

Frank Haith anyone?

ndistops
All-Star

Post by ndistops »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
ndistops wrote:Boeheim is human garbage, and the fact that everyone on ESPN slobbers all over him makes it even worse.
Really?

I guess its because I became a fan when he was first coaching in the late 70's and respected him for his unconventional use of the zone and getting a lot out of his players. So that impression has stayed with me all these years. But I can see how he comes off as whiny and full of himself. After that second marriage he seemed to loosen up.

How garbagy is he?

He protected a child molester coach.
There's that. I've been sick of him ever since he started whining those couple of years in the mid-2000s when his team played no one out of conference and was left out of the tournament because of it.

And I'm still pissed that his team got a wildly undeserved NCAA bid in 2016 because he somehow managed to politic the committee into ignoring their awful resume because he'd missed 9 games on a suspension for academic and drug-testing fraud in his program, then got a Final 4 banner out of it because of a barrage of upsets (beat a 7, 15 and 11 seed) and a historic collapse by Virginia in the regional final. All the while, the likes of Jay Bilas - who apparently is perfectly fine ignoring hypocritical and immoral behavior if one of his buddies in the game is doing it - defended him and called his suspension wrong.

Then on top of everything else, his team gets another wildly undeserved NCAA bid this year, one spot ahead of my team - which beat his on the road, finished ahead of them in the league and outperformed them in the ACC tournament. And turns it into yet another deep run in the tournament, thereby convincing ex post facto reasoners, just like in '16, that that bid was somehow deserved.

He's also a notorious front-runner, not even bothering to show up to postgame press conferences if he loses on several occasions while preening and palling around with the media if things are going well (which leads to the aforementioned defending of his academic and drug-testing fraud).

There's the essay answer you didn't want. I can't freaking stand him.
Last edited by ndistops on March 23 18, 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

My favorite Boeheim moment. NSFW

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

I hate Boeheim too. Cuz he's super hateable. One bball commenter said Syracuse gets in bc they sell tix. Not sure if that's true.