Garbage on Facebook

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Re: Garbage on Facebook

Post by Diddy »

Yesterday someone posted a picture of their school superintendent out shoveling snow along with a post on how he was always seen around the school cleaning, replacing lights, fixing faucets and doing other maintenance. I made a comment that while there is nothing wrong with him helping do these tasks but that if he’s always doing them he’s a pretty high paid maintenance man. Got several reply’s about how it’s great that he can be just one of us. I responded that it was nothing personal just a different perspective and tried to convey that perspective . This is not the district where I’m on the school board but a few towns over where my wife graduated from and I know a ton of people.

I don’t think the people that responded understand what I was saying. As a person he’s not above you but as an administrator he is required to have higher qualifications and is a higher paid professional. If he’s doing maintenance tasks he’s not best utilizing his abilities for the district. I’d rather him be writing grants and doing administrative work.

I just constantly see people get bogged down with little things and not seeing the big picture and don’t think they even realize it.

Am I out of line?

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

You are spot on Diddy.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

I dunno, seems like the big guy pitching in to shovel the snow, (or some sort of student teacher interaction) is the type of stuff he'd put on FB, rather than him writing for a grant or up front of a board meeting. Sounds like he does it a lot though. I'm even cool with that assuming he does a decent job in the admin.

For a desk jockey, Mixing it up out of the office regularly, can make them more efficient within the office.

[insert Michael Scott meme]

Diddy
Perennial All-Star

Post by Diddy »

Freed Roger wrote:I dunno, seems like the big guy pitching in to shovel the snow, (or some sort of student teacher interaction) is the type of stuff he'd put on FB, rather than him writing for a grant or up front of a board meeting. Sounds like he does it a lot though. I'm even cool with that assuming he does a decent job in the admin.

For a desk jockey, Mixing it up out of the office regularly, can make them more efficient within the office.

[insert Michael Scott meme]
Isolated incidents can be good for morale. If he’s constantly doing maintenance it seems like a waste of resources. Our principal recently resigned, she was constantly doing stuff like this. Then when something didn’t get done on time shed complain that she didn’t have time to get everything done. It wasn’t that she didn’t have time it’s that she was a controll freak who wouldn’t delegate.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Just got a FB ad from IHG-Riyadh (International Hotels Group). The photo has a Saudi prince looking dude in the ad.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

I finally decided to delete my facebook account today. No regrets.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

Michael wrote:I finally decided to delete my facebook account today. No regrets.
It's just one thing after another with these mofos. I should do the same. I don't use it for anything these days, and everyone who posts their kid pics to Facebook puts them on Instagram as well. Yes, I know they own Instagram, but so far it has not become quite the boring cesspool that Facebook has.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Michael wrote:I finally decided to delete my facebook account today. No regrets.
kudos. is it true though that you have to wait awhile before its actually removed? i deleted mine in 2015 and it was an instant delete but now i think they hold onto it awhile and in case you accidentally log back in it nulls the delete request.

anyways, good on you!

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

Yeah, I got a 30 day wait period which I think is super lame.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »